Race gas proof O2

clean86

Check out Denso at www.DensoAftermarket.com they have a O2 sensor for our cars that has a filter on it that will trap any lead from race gas before it sticks to the element. Thought everyony would like to know.

o2

i visited that site but could not find anythihg specific on thay o2.do you have the part#?

I found an add in my mustang magazine. It said it has a filter around the element it's self to protect it from lead. I looked at the site last night , pluged in the year and make of our cars and it have me the part ##.

i did the same but i think that was for the stock replacement,i want the # to the one that is lead proof. what is the title to the magazine that article is in?

It was in 5.0 mustang & superfords September 2002 page 33.

It reads.

SUPERIOR DESIGN,,,, Boosts engine performance and effiency by sampling the exhaust more than 60 times per sec to maintain a constans air-fuel ratio.

ALUMINUM OXIDE TRAP LAYER,, Keeps siliconne and lead outside the ceramic element through Denso's exclusive design, preventing damage from oxygen sensor destroyers like racing gs or fuel and lead additives.

POROUS [PTFE] FILTER,,, Increases performance by allowing atmospheric oxygen to enter the sensor without permitting water or engine contaminants to steep into the casing.

Call or visit our web site for a dealer near you.
www.DensoAftermarket.com

That's all it says, I am assuming that all there O2's are that way.

Hope some of that helped.

Has anyone actually TRIED one of these, theres a 10.80 5.0 near me that uses 2 of them (Fords use 2) with 116 constantly, and his Sampling rate has NEVER changed!!

I emailed Denso and asked for the p/n for our cars for the "lead proof" oxygen sensor and this is what they replied.

Gary:

The part number for this O2 sensor is 234-1001.

You can order this from Monarch Products at www.monarchproductsinc.com.

Thanks,
Mark

To: MARK BROWN/DSCA@NDAM, MICHAEL GOLEMBESKY/DSCA@NDAM
cc:
Subject: lead proof oxygen sensors for 87 turbo Buicks

WEB SITE

---------------------- Forwarded by SCOTT HUSTON/DSCA on 11/18/2002 07:46 AM

Monarch site

I filled out their form for getting a quote and put the part# and a description of what i was looking for. I had also emailed the denso site for dealers in my area but i haven't heard from them. Maybe someone will find out something:) I know i wish i had a lead proof oxygen sensor, i wouldn't even think about an alky setup then:D ........................................

Guys,

If this proves out to be the real thing, this'll REVOULTIONIZE
our racing!

1.) No more ALCOHOL!

2.) No more wasting time looking for UNLEADED racing gas!

3. All the money saved on O2's!!!!

monarch

They emailed me back and said the part#234-1001 was right and that they were $20.45 each:eek: sounds too good to be true but i guess i will have to try it.....................................:)

:D When I saw the add I thought the same thing!! Hope it works like they say it does. I am always looking to find a BETTER way of doing things.

Hope this helps.

Clean86

Heck, at $20.45 it is even cheaper than the AC/Delco AFS-20.
If someone is going to be the gennie pig I will wait and see their results, because I won't be using any leaded fuel till spring.

Be sure to post results.

Gary :)

O....M....G, this would be so awesome. But I'm not lucky enough for it to be for real. And if it was, why wouldn't they charge like, $50? Someone get one of these and let us know if it works. I'm stupid enough to blindly spend the money, but I can't test it til Spring.