quote for rebuilding heads

You do not need T/A aluminum heads or any others to run high 11's.Put that $1800.00 somewhere else.
dyermullet,you rated this post dumb.I don't see anything dumb about it.If you need $1800.00 heads to run high 11's like the OP wants to do you are the DUMB one.

Maybe I did it because you got all butt hurt and then tired to take the legit thread off topic by complaining about it. And you are continuing to to do that so just calm down. I didn't even know those buttons existed until you were crying about it.

I found this thread doing a search for cylinder head rebuild, I am trying to decide what to do with my car.

Ported iron heads are capable of running deep in the 9 second range with good tuning and combination. One of my guys replaced my iron heads with aluminum heads and went to a bigger turbo and bigger intercooler and picked up two tenths. Iron heads rarely crack. If going aluminum, I prefer the thicker TA heads.
We are running 9.97 on pump gas and dual nozzle alky. Using ported TA heads.
I would definitely do some bowl work(90% of the gain in head porting a Buick) and have good valves installed on even a stock rebuild. It will AMAZE you the power gain all else being equal. Port matching is almost worthless with out bowl work.