Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Kirban Update:

Post 856 has nailed 1./2 the answer.....which was a clever cost saving thing Studebaker did on that model. They had that model a few years think it was called the M5....I used to know this stuff as I had a 1947 1/2 ton totally restored and a 1947 one ton powered by a V8 Lincoln...

Your on the rite track just think what the other item is....

Chevy and Ford to my knowledge never had interchangable fenders...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

How about the doors? The doors are the same as the ’41 Studebaker Commander four-door sedan, the running boards are the same on each side, and the 1/2-ton and 2-ton truck cabs are the same??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Studebakers bed depth appeared to be a little shallower than the bed depth of other trucks of the day? In 1947 studebaker came out with all-new styling that was nicknamed the “Coming-and-Going cars,” because both ends looked similar.

Kirban Update

the above post last part of your sentence is getting close to the answer. The answer you seek is similar to the lst part of the question which you nailed correctly.

Either you read up alot on studebaker trucks or had one?

Just curious but answer still remains 1/2 unsolved.

denniskriban@yahoo.com

In other words both front and rear ends are similar because of what?

Kirban Update

the above post last part of your sentence is getting close to the answer. The answer you seek is similar to the lst part of the question which you nailed correctly.

Either you read up alot on studebaker trucks or had one?

Just curious but answer still remains 1/2 unsolved.

denniskriban@yahoo.com

In other words both front and rear ends are similar because of what?

I had a friend who had a 53 (not near as good looking as the 47 imho)! However, 1947 is just a cool looking truck Year period anyways (as the chevy looked great in 47 stead too)! Some of that stuff on the wings I had to look up.

I've always been a fan of the early studebakers though, as I thought the bullet nosed front ends (as was influenced by the streamlined shapes of fighter planes and bombers) were really cool. So I guess Studebaker sort of "pointed the way" with design cues like bullet-nose front ends, gun-sight hood ornaments and wraparound rear windows of the 1947-52 Starlight coupe. And it was the windows, along with other details, that made the car’s front and rear ends look so similar that they were called the "coming or going Studebaker", if that's the answer you're looking for?

kirban update

still no correct 2nd part to the answer although it has to do with the front and back ends its a particular part. I used to belong to the studebaker club

actually maybe 6 years ago I spoke at their national meet on ZDDPlus.... Since no one knew who I was I figured I'd be lucky to get 10-15 people for the seminar....room was packed.....fortunately I had knowledge of the cars....small world after the talk a guy came up to me since I mentioned product was developed b a guy who ran a CD factory and was into stereos in North Carolina. Turbos out Richard Clark was best man at his wedding and had lost touch with RC. Naturally I put him in touch with Richard....they went to school together in Maryland....

Studebaker was one of the first US cars to had disc brakes up front....among other things....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

question is still out there...unanswered...

kirban update

still no correct 2nd part to the answer although it has to do with the front and back ends its a particular part. I used to belong to the studebaker club

actually maybe 6 years ago I spoke at their national meet on ZDDPlus.... Since no one knew who I was I figured I'd be lucky to get 10-15 people for the seminar....room was packed.....fortunately I had knowledge of the cars....small world after the talk a guy came up to me since I mentioned product was developed b a guy who ran a CD factory and was into stereos in North Carolina. Turbos out Richard Clark was best man at his wedding and had lost touch with RC. Naturally I put him in touch with Richard....they went to school together in Maryland....

Studebaker was one of the first US cars to had disc brakes up front....among other things....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

question is still out there...unanswered...

Did the trucks have hill holder too? Or was that just the cars?

The only other thing I can figure is the varying number of bed lengths then? With what like five studebaker wheelbase options verses only like two or three with the others?

Kirban Update

Next question you will have to google 1947 studebaker pick up truck. Click on any thread that shows the exterior of the truck sides front back etc.

Here is the question:

The exterior shows two unique features that only Studebaker did. GM and Ford never did to my knowledge.

What 2 unique features do you see in the photos?

Exterior related...

game on players

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Gheeze that was hard! Curved bed sides on step side bed!! Wow!
d9cdc238c57b46a28a4d027affbfe077.jpg

The Montana was ugly enough but then Pontiac came up with the Aztek, which IS, to date, the ugliest car ever produced... started in 2001and to think, in '05 they figured they would re-badge it as a Buick Rendezvous and count on Tiger Woods to sell them.

As for the marketing guys, dude from Pontiac should have been given a raise and a corner office for convincing Buick to take on that turd........ Dipshit from Buick should have first, been kicked square in the nuts. Then immediately been made "available to the industry".

Well feast your eyes on this!

Attachments

• 20170412_123022.jpg
    20170412_123022.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Well feast your eyes on this!

Bastardo!

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!! Oh, how it burns!!!!!!!!

That POS is right where it belongs! :D On the junk heap.

It was probably turned in on Obama's epic "cash for clunkers" debacle...... but that's topic for the political section.

Last edited:
Kirban Update

Still missing 1/2 of the answer on the studebaker truck....I get 3 yeses from different players I will give the answer so we can move on.

Truck has many cool features the one part of the answer is fenders can be reversed front to rear on the same side.

The clue is the same can be done with another exterior part name the part.

On a side note years ago probably 25 plus years ago I did a reproduction AC Oil cap for the GTOs and 409 Chevys for companies I had to get a dye made for the AC and Oil wording and the double dimples.....the old timer I got to make this dye actually did the original tooling for the Studebaker truck tail gates.....true story...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO Post 874 nailed the s econd part of the studebaker truck quesiton the bumpers are the same front another cost saving feature Studebaker used....

Also the entire dash from a 1941 Studebaker sedan is the same as the 1947 truck I know as I used parts from a sedan as they were chrome and the truck version was painted metal.

Truck I restored I did in 1970.......used to always win with it as hardly anyone was showing trucks at car shows...

everyone is eligible for the next contest.

see next post.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

we learned about stubedabker trucks and yugos so far....

Next question is an easy one....

Turbo Buick Related.....tough for me to make these up with the internet.....

You got a stock 1987 GN sitting along side a stock GNX

You are looking at the exterior.....name the smallest part that is different between the 2 cars...

game on players

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Next question is an easy one....

Turbo Buick Related.....tough for me to make these up with the internet.....

You got a stock 1987 GN sitting along side a stock GNX

You are looking at the exterior.....name the smallest part that is different between the 2 cars...

game on players

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The ceramic turbo impeller of the GNX verses non on the GN.