Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Do you mean that they found out not all have this option? Or none have this option?

If it's the first, my guess would be posi.

BINGO post 201 and 202 got it rite used different words but amounts to the same. Case your wondering that option as noted is G80 was only $100 one of the bargains from Buick as an option compared to the $500 plus radio....

The next contest since its a tad bit difficult your all eligible to participate.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Again referring to your stock 1986-1987 Turbo Regal.

Here is the clues read them carefully!!!

In the summer of 1985 a new car was imported to the USA for the first time.

Its claim to fame initially was it was the cheapest car in the market place at $3990.00

The car was the Yugo......

In every possible way the Turbo Regal is superior to the Yugo....however their is one visual aspect that the Yugo has the Turbo Regal does not.

The clue to the answer relates to most cars US made had this same visual imprint.

What specifically am I referring to that the Yugo shows that the Buick Turbo Regal does not?

the game starts now

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Its claim to fame initially was it was the cheapest car in the market place at $3990.00

In every possible way the Turbo Regal is superior to the Yugo....however their is one visual aspect that the Yugo has the Turbo Regal does not.

The clue to the answer relates to most cars US made had this same visual imprint.

What specifically am I referring to that the Yugo shows that the Buick Turbo Regal does not?

the game starts now

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The Yugo had a gas fill located on the exterior of the body. TR's had theirs hidden away.

Kirban Update

no correct answer yet reread the clue about most US cars...

or, if you have a Yugo parked on your driveway take a visual look at it....if that is the case I doubt you would admit it on this forum.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com.

the game starts now

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Gas cap/door on the side of the car.

Kirban Update

Yugo question is still not gotten the correct answer as of yet. the one answer about the antenna would work but its not the answer I am seeking. Re-read clue about most US cars at the time.

On a side note about Yugos a bit of trivia:

They had a rear defroster the purpose was to keep your hands warm when you pushed it.

To double the value of a Yugo....fill the gas tank.

Course who would have ever thought 60s VW buses would bring 6 digits in our lifetime....I think a decent athlete on a 10 speed bike could accelerate quicker.

Here is another Yugo tidbit....Jay Frick who you may recall owned Jays GN parts business worked at a Caddy GM dealership when our cars where new. Same dealership was one of the lucky ones to have a Yugo franchise....I assume they did reason I say that is because for a period of time according to Jay, if you bought a certain model Caddy they gave you free a Yugo....

true story

denniskirban@yahoo.com

back to the contest

Member the Yugo answer is something Turbo owners wished our cars had...but did not get!!!! I worded to clue a little differently.
Now you can go on the internet and research the massive amount of Yugo photos to see what I am referring to....or maybe find a Yugo forum and ask them....

Vent windows? This is a tough one, as the Yugo was a complete pile. I had a friend who had one for a bit back in the late 80's. What a POS it was.

Kirban Update.....

no correct answer yet....when I someone in my lifetime does hit the rite answer you will be surprised. The longer the contest continues more time I have to think up the next round.

If nothing else its a great learning curve.........for any Yugo owners....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I think the group here is over thinking the answer its a visual thing not something mechanical or option related....

A simple visual thing...

so piece together the clues and place your guess.

denniskirban@yahoo.com