Quick Vacuum Brake Tech ?

gnx521

I just converted my car to vacuum brakes, 1 where and how is the best way to connect the vacuum hose. 2 will I get a brake light from having the original wires unpluged? Thanks Mark

the best way to get your vacuum is to get yourself a turbo ta vacuum block with the extra vacuum port and no you wont get a brake light with the wires unplugged.

Thanks for replying, now the only problem is that I cant get the car to crank I must have unpluged something under the dash! Thanks Mark

Originally posted by gnx521
Thanks for replying, now the only problem is that I cant get the car to crank I must have unpluged something under the dash! Thanks Mark

Make sure you didn't pinch a wire underneath the vac booster. ie between it and the firewall.

Then check for a blown fuse.

Yes I did change the pedal, I took the complete assembly out of a mid 80's cutlass. The pedal connects to the booster alot lower than the original set up. I pulled a wire out of the alarm relay under the dash, It took me longer to find that than installing the setup. Mark

vacuum conversion

i actually started doing my car the other day and I simply tee'd into the PCV.

I didn't change the pedal though as I didn't have one

we'll see how it works when i get a chance to finish up

The eye on the shaft from the booster will not be centered because the stud on the PM pedal is 2" higher than on an NA pedal. Another thing is that the stud on the PM pedal is larger in diameter than the NA. The booster shaft eye is too small to fit that stud. I don't know how anyone can retain the original pedal.
Get any pedal from a G-body car at a yard. Anything from an 78 thru 87 will work.

If you can't get one, another option would be to drill the pedal for a stud or bolt in the lower position.