Quick Question

Saladin45

There is a darkside
Where is the throttle body on a 1984 Hotair motor? Inside the intake? To get to it do I have to pull of the intake?

I'm trying to fix a high idle issue and I think that this, on top of the 02 sensor, may be the issue at hand.

Thank you for your help.

Throttle body is right at the end of your plastic air pipe
Right in front of the air side of the turbo

TB is bolted to the inlet side of the turbo with all of the vacuum lines going to it. Your high idle problem is probably not the TB. 02 won't cause high idle either. What have you done as far as IAC adjustments?

Nothing really.

I figured that I would just clean it all out. (IAC, Throttle body)

Also, how would the throttle body not be the problem? If its got a ton of crud thats accumulated over time in there, of course it would cause it, right?

And when attempting to adjust the idle through the throttle, it does not go down.

look for a vaccum leak- check every hose, the pcv valve, and the throttle body and intake gaskets.

I've replaced every vacuum line already.

I will check the intake gaskets, and will do the throttle body and IAC this week.

Hopefully I can get some type of response from the vehicle after doing these things. I've been living with this problem for awhile and am really getting fed up with idling so high.