Questions about switching to internally balanced crank

gn87man

Need some help please...

I am looking to switch to an internally balanced crank.

Which specific items need to be switched out if I do change from the stock crank to internally balanced crank?

I believe I would need a new balancer hub and new flywheel? Is this correct? Anything else?

Also, where would be the best place to purchase these items?

Thanks so much in advance!

Just let whomever does the machine work and puts the engine together get the parts for you, they will probably get a better price. You are correct about the balancer and flywheel. I think my balancer was like 450.00 plus i think sfi or something flywheel was put on when i had the engine done. The shop i used told me internal was better than external, so thats how he built it.

Just let whomever does the machine work and puts the engine together get the parts for you, they will probably get a better price. You are correct about the balancer and flywheel. I think my balancer was like 450.00 plus i think sfi or something flywheel was put on when i had the engine done. The shop i used told me internal was better than external, so thats how he built it.
Thank you Gene! Sounds good. I will let the engine builder order the parts for me.

Gn 87, i think that balancer you need is in the for sale section. Im not sure but i think they are 450.00 nib,he want s 450.00 for his so maybe you can get him to lower the price a little.