Question for NFS Hot Pursuit players

ChrisCairns

I'm frustrated.

I've played the older Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 for a month now. Done almost every level in both section of the game EXCEPT the ones where the player is the cop trying to stop the racers. I think I have to finish these ones before the last level 32. I've managed to stop one of the three racers but that's all. I run out of time.

Is there some something I'm missing? I know to turn on the siren and lights, hit R3 for boost to catch up, call for the roadblocks and helicopter, but still can't get more than one racer pinned before time is up.

WHAT IS THE SECRET???

Hmmm, that's an old game, hard to remember. Back when the NFS series was actually enjoyable.

I just remember ramming them and trying to make them spin out, try to pin them against solid objects in the environment, etc. It can be tricky. Maybe there's a "strategy guide" somewhere online that will give you tips.

Geez I almost want to play it now haha. Hot Pursuit was the best.

Yep, old game. I've asked some kids about what to do and they kinda say the same thing....can't remember. Perhaps I should try a newer game....lol.

And I've tried that ramming and pinning but the few times I've pinned them they just get away before the game declares them "busted." I was hoping you'd say, "Oh once pinned just hit the xx button."

I'll try as you suggest, looking for some strategy guide.

Thanks.

don't hit the lights/siren till you are close...otherwise they try to evade earlier....took me several tries back when i played.

don't hit the lights/siren till you are close...otherwise they try to evade earlier....took me several tries back when i played.

Good tip I do recall they would take off like lightning if you approached with the sirens on.

Only tip I found online was that if you block them in they usually try to back up about 100 yards, quickly turn around and hit them head-on and that should stop them.

I did a google search...found some tips. Including the ones you guys said. I like the one about turning around and smacking them head on after they back up.

I'll try it out tomorrow....thanks.