Question about ZQ8 spindles

buickjeff

I tried searching for a answer to this question but could not find it so I am hoping one of you experts can help me - I know the Blazer spindles are a bolt in to our cars but are they common geometrically? , or are they just close enough to work? I asking because i'm working at putting Z06 brakes on my car with a ride tech suspension and hate all the mods I have to do to the stock spindles to fit Z06 calipers on. so if the geometry of the blazer spindles is common I would rather go in that direction then keeping the stock spindle setup.

Thanks in advance
Jeff M

They're pretty close but not sure on specifics.

After installing the ZQ8 spindles / C5 brakes my alignment was way off as the car was literally scary to drive. After an alignment no issues though.

Thanks for the reply - I'm still a complete newbie about suspension geometry so I'm trying to glean some knowledge about how this works. Just by going off what I know of the ride tech suspension is there is some correction in it for our stock suspension geometric inadequacies. I had some ATS spindles that I was told would create issues by over correcting the suspension geometry , so I sold those and went back to the stock spindle setup.
I was just hoping that GM was lazy when they designed both suspensions and started with the same carryover geometry so the only alignment changes would be for part and body build variation.

Thanks

i wrote a somewhat of a how to / what i did to get this set up on my car. ill see if i can find and post a link.....joel

Thanks for the info - that was a big help. Information about the spindle geometry is ptettty scarce on the internet but did find one thread with a super stock racer stating they are geometric replacements for the g body spindle .
I saw in your thread about someone trying to fit z06 c6 brakes on the spindle - which is exactly what I am thinking of doing . So I'll be keeping an eye on that .

Any pictures of how the car looks? I have all the parts for this conversion, but have not installed ride hieght concerns me

The spindle pin is at the same height relative to the lower ball join on the Blazer spindle as the G-body spindle, so ride height with the same springs and ball joints will be unaffected.

They will increase your track width.

The spindle pin is at the same height relative to the lower ball join on the Blazer spindle as the G-body spindle, so ride height with the same springs and ball joints will be unaffected.

That's some great information - you would not happen to know how much track width is effected off hand

Thanks in advance

I think I am going to ask a very dumb question, but I am new to changing spindles and such in my Lexus I just did coilovers and aligned my car and had no problems,

So, my question is this will the track width be wider? And if so will I be able to go with a wider tire in the front? Or wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am going to ask a very dumb question, but I am new to changing spindles and such in my Lexus I just did coilovers and aligned my car and had no problems,

So, my question is this will the track width be wider? And if so will I be able to go with a wider tire in the front? Or wheel?

The track width is increased by at least as much as the thickness of the brake rotor hat, possibly more if the face of the hub is set wider.

It won't necessarily enable a wider wheel/tire package. It doesn't change how much room is under that fenderwell, but if you use the same wheels they're going to shift outward.

The track width is increased by at least as much as the thickness of the brake rotor hat, possibly more if the face of the hub is set wider.

It won't necessarily enable a wider wheel/tire package. It doesn't change how much room is under that fenderwell, but if you use the same wheels they're going to shift outward.

Thanks for the explanation! I think ai get it! Appreciate it

I'm pretty positive it did not change my track width. The ls1 front brake conversation definitely widened my track width. When I put this setup on my car it brought the wheels back in the wheel wells. I can't say for sure but since this setup originally uses a hat type rotor I believe it does not increase track width. From all the research I've done , the g body and most s10 front suspension is completely interchangeable control arms and spindles. As far as I can remember.

I'm pretty positive it did not change my track width. The ls1 front brake conversation definitely widened my track width. When I put this setup on my car it brought the wheels back in the wheel wells. I can't say for sure but since this setup originally uses a hat type rotor I believe it does not increase track width. From all the research I've done , the g body and most s10 front suspension is completely interchangeable control arms and spindles. As far as I can remember.

Did you do front and rear? C6 zo6 calipers?

I did just regular c6 front rotors and calipers and in the rear I used the rear c6 calipers with the ls1 backing plates and abutment brackets.

I did just regular c6 front rotors and calipers and in the rear I used the rear c6 calipers with the ls1 backing plates and abutment brackets.

Im going the z06 front and rear. Front seems to be not as complicated as the rear. Well see

Call Tobin at core3 brakes. He is a plethora of brake knowledge. Very helpful information from him.

Call Tobin at core3 brakes. He is a plethora of brake knowledge. Very helpful information from him.

I have been emailing him, about the rear brackets i was initially going to do just the front but I got a great deal on rear and said well now Im just going to do both

I just wanted to thank you guys for all the great information - what an amazing resource you are
I just bought some blazer spindles , new hubs and brackets from kore3 - I had new spindles and wilwood hubs but didn't want to grind off any more to fit the z06 brakes.
And I second getting a hold of Tobin at kore 3 , he came up with some brackets to fit my new 9 inch big bearing housing ends to fit z06 rear brakes - now I just gotta fix my new moser axles I ordered with a 2 .75 brake offset instead of the 2.5 the z06 brakes require

I just wanted to thank you guys for all the great information - what an amazing resource you are
I just bought some blazer spindles , new hubs and brackets from kore3 - I had new spindles and wilwood hubs but didn't want to grind off any more to fit the z06 brakes.
And I second getting a hold of Tobin at kore 3 , he came up with some brackets to fit my new 9 inch big bearing housing ends to fit z06 rear brakes - now I just gotta fix my new moser axles I ordered with a 2 .75 brake offset instead of the 2.5 the z06 brakes require

Let me know how the install goes,
I have the zq8 spindles 513200 hubs and the 6 piston 14 inch rotors for the front and steel braded lines
Rear 4 piston calipers only still looking for the brackets for my stock 87 GN rear end. Tobin says he has them but still have to purchase, not really sure what else I will need .