Q for TurboDave, TurboJim, or anyone

ES1

With the lucas 40s & translator I have some frames below 105 blm.
Will a few frams below 105 be a problem?
I know I can lower my FP but I like how I have it set for WOT conditions.
Example 96 blm 1875 rpm 60 mph
97 1875 60
113 1875 60

I may have 4-5 frames below 105 blm then 4-5 frames @120-128
This is with a JC chip but I do not feel the chip is the problem. I feel the translator & the injectors are the reason it runs rich.
I run the translator on the 0 settings for the 3.5 even though I have a 3 in sensor as it seems to run best on this setting.

Thanks for any input.

I believe Jay Carters chips have the lower blm limit set to 90, not the factory limit of 105. So as long as your car runs good, its not a problem. Its the injectors that cause it. Those injectors are richer at lower pulsewidths than the original injectors, but the chip has compensated for it.

Eric

What version translator?

The BLM's are low because you have the translator set for 3.5"
and are running a 3" MAF.

It runs better because it is richer.

If driveability is good, then there is no real problem with leaving it this way.

But if you set the translator for 3" MAF, let us know how the BLM's shake out.

Be sure to reset the ECM and let it learn in though....

TB

I am happy with my setup but I was concerned with going below 105 blm.
TurboBob, I have a version 1 translator. I have tried all settings but car seems to like the 3.5 - 0 setting best.

Thanks for input.

how do you set it for the 3" insted of 3.5" i have 3" just want to make sure mine is right or might want to try the 3.5 setting rick

I have never successfully figured out why, but 9 times out of ten, your cruise BLM's are going to be quite low, while the others may look perfectly normal.

I've seen that on my cars since the day I first started with a Scan Tool that would show me what cells I had and which were being accessed under what conditions (Direct Scan). It's not a Translator, or Extender thing. It's happened even way back before them, as far back as I can remember, other vendors chips, my chips, didn't matter.

It was never a problem so I didn't worry about it. As long as my idle cells and WOT cell were OK, I didn't worry about what was happening during highway cruising. I suppose if one were to dig deep enough it could be rememdied.
Oh I forgot, it is remedied. I'm running an Extender chip now, and all my cells are pretty even. I suspect Bob probably did some research into the MAF tables and evened things up a little better.

:D

rick
http://www.turbomike.com/translator_instructions.htm
Open it up and put it on 0 setting.
As TurboBob stated it probably runs better at that setting because it runs a little richer.
Dave, that's what I could not understand because nothing would seem to change and one frame or 2 low then the next two right on.
Thanks for replies.