pypes ex. from summit

paul87

has anyone had any experience with the pypes ss catback exhaust from summit? thanks for your opinion.

I have it with their race mufflers. I love it! Not super quiet and not annoying either! Good mellow tone that gets loud and raspy under full boost. Made a pass with my dump open to see if there would be a MPH gain since some say it is restrictive...Its not. Let a muffler shop put it on for you though. HTH

has anyone had any experience with the pypes ss catback exhaust from summit? thanks for your opinion.

I bought the Pypes SS Exhaust from Summit. It is nice - good sound. Fit is funky imho - clamp seams are not that great and hanger is insufficient, so the exhaust sags even after clamping together while using a jack to hold it tight under car. I'm going to tighten mine up with some welds and weld another hanger under the car. Even if some welding work is required, the exhaust is a pretty good deal. My neighbor only charges a 6-pack of beer to use his MIG :biggrin:

Pypes

Purchased mine from summit. They do hang a little low but I have not had any problems with speed bumps etc. Being stainless is a big selling point.

I ordererd mine a couple of weeks ago (from Kirbans) and they are out of stock until the end of October. Bummer that it may take some extra work to get it to fit correctly. I really wanted a simple bolt-on piece.

they have an awesome sound, but do take a good amount to fit right. i have a system with about 200 miles on it that i may sell, if someone sends a good offer. i'm in ga.

Its hard to get a direct bolt-on due to the location of the flange on the downpipe. I do not use the cat hanger and did not want to spent alot of time under the car trying to make it all fit. I dropped it off at the muffler shop and said "Please bolt this on and slash cut the tips at the quarters." $75 and it was done. No sagging or rubbing. I am extremely happy with it.

I put one on a friend's car afew months ago in about 30 mins on a lift. No welds, no cuts, fits great. I do have alot of experience hanging exhausts on these cars though.