putting powermaster in

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
i got the power master installed but didn't bleed the power master bench bleed wondering how or if i need to do that.please help trying to get brakes back.

thanks

Bleed them. Fortunately for me the local brake shop was around the corner. So after the install I had the brakes bled for $25

The PM power assist does not need to be bled unless the motor runs for more than 20 seconds once the key is turned to the on position. You do need to bench bleed the braking portion of the MC (2 small reservoirs). Then bleed the brakes (at bleeder screws), with the powermaster assist reservoir empty (don't turn the key on to bleed). Once you've completely bled the brakes, fill the PM assist reservoir (large reservoir). Turn the key on and the PM motor should run for no more than 20 seconds. Make sure the suction port (small port on floor of reservoir) is always immersed in brake fluid. If it becomes uncovered, then add brake fluid until the port is just covered with fluid. If the motor runs beyond 20 seconds, turn the ignition off. There is a metal tube connected to the rear of the MC,that is the feed tube for the accumulator. Loosen the tube until fluid flows. DO NOT (AND I REPEAT), DO NOT COMPLETELY REMOVE THE TUBE FROM THE MASTER CYLINDER. IT HAS AN EXCESS OF 800PSI AT THAT TUBE AND FLUID AND THE TUBE WILL FLY EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! (NOTICE THE EXCLAMATION POINTS, SO I KNOW I'M GETTING MY POINT ACROSS. This will bleed the PM assist. Turn the key on and the PM motor should not run for more than 20 seconds, if it does, then re bleed the PM assist side again. My suggestion is to bleed the brakes first, before attempting to add any fluid to the PM reservoir. Just don't turn the key on.