Push lock fittings and PCV

turboclam

How are you guys making this work?
I'd also like to add an oil catch can too. Anyone have pics?

Thanks

How are you guys making this work?
I'd also like to add an oil catch can too. Anyone have pics?

Thanks

Here's how I did mine.
Both Valve covers are vented into a catch can.

(2) Metco -10 AN valve cover adapters (for aftermarket valve covers) one in each valve cover

(2) Push lock -10AN 90 deg elbows....fits into each valve cover as above: use push lock hose or more economical 5/8" heater hose.

both 5/8" heater hoses into metal insert Tee and then branch of tee fittings into catch can (use clamps)

Drill 1" diameter hole ( I think it was 1" ) in MAF pipe.....then run hose from catch can into MAF pipe (pre turbo) using factory passenger valve cover breather elbow and metal insert fitting.

Attachments

• -10AN Push Lok 90deg fitting.jpg
    -10AN Push Lok 90deg fitting.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 196
  • dash 10AN push fit 90.jpg
    dash 10AN push fit 90.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Metco MBR0011-10AN-1.jpg
    Metco MBR0011-10AN-1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 171
  • enginefilterelbow.jpg
    enginefilterelbow.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 161
  • AMW catch can.jpg
    AMW catch can.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
1Kwiksix- why would you put hot oil vapors/blow by back into the intake? I always thought the valve covers should be vented to a catch can and/or oil separator and then vented to the atmosphere.

I thought the catch can-->intake was for after the PCV under vacuum only (not boost-performance).

1Kwiksix- why would you put hot oil vapors/blow by back into the intake? I always thought the valve covers should be vented to a catch can and/or oil separator and then vented to the atmosphere.

I thought the catch can-->intake was for after the PCV under vacuum only (not boost-performance).

Everything is vented into the catch can.
Both valve covers are vented into the catch can, then end up back into the MAF pipe, pre turbo....similar fashion as the stock set up.
The PCV valve is also vented into the catch can, then on the way back to the plenum, a check valve is in place to prevent pressurizing the can when under boost.

I did something similar to 1KWIK6 except I just vented the can to atmosphere.

My PVC just goes to the vac block but I have just a check valve in place of the PCV I just used a silicone vac hose.

Chris Hogeland made the adapters for the valve covers. Before the can I was blowing a lot of oil out the breathers. There's a lot of vapor in the covers at high RPM.

Mike Edwards built the catch can.