Pump. Good or trash?

Sal Lubrano

Does this pump look like it can be used or is it trash? I ran some scotch brite on it to accent the wear marks. It looks perfect except for one section. There seems to be a ring around the center of the wear surface which I can catch with my finger nail. It can be seen in both halves of the pump. The secition with the stator support it does not even go all the way around the ring. Will this effect the pressures or pump failure?

Attachments

• pump1.jpg
    pump1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 228
  • pump2.jpg
    pump2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 227
If those were my pumps, I would take to the machine shop and have them "face" both halves. With the stator shaft in place so it is all 90 degrees to shaft.

Thank you Eric for the reply. I would like to know if you think these pump parts will work? I know they should be resurfaced but will they still work? Has anyone seen worse which was still working?

Thank you for all your help. I called a local transmission supply and picked up a new pump for a very good price. It is not worth trying to save your old one. The only bad thing about a new one is you still have to change the stator support to a treated one and change the rings. Thanks for all the help.