Pulling Engine Help

ZNix

Young-Gun
Hey guys. Just want to know how much of the engine I can leave together when I pull it. I want to be able to take as little off as I can to pull it. It helps me keep track of things better when I do it on the stand, and it will make taking pics easier.

Thanks
Nix

Most everything can stay on. Remember to drain all your fluids (oil, water, and trans if you're pulling it...) Also, take your time. Grounds, wiring harness, trans stuff (dipstick and lines)... Not too bad...

Im pulling the motor to freshen it up, and check it out. It has some issues of low compression and it needs to be checked.
Thanks turbo

hey znix

look in my album if you see any parts there you want let me know i have the stock trans and long block with 88000 on them will and will sell them to you only .if interested to use my parts and your car .. you will need 87 ecu and wire harness . and tb and intake :) all came out of stock we2 car thats now the one in my sig . as far as i know they were never opened up and worked @ran great just not what i wanted to race im sick like that i buy a good stocker and then go crazy with parts . when im done it feels like its mine .. let me know ..

Im pulling the motor to freshen it up, and check it out. It has some issues of low compression and it needs to be checked.
Thanks turbo

I have my N/A Regal here 12k original miles runs flawless all original,I am sure the motor will fit your needs,I am local to you,let me know if your interested,you can come by and hear it run before I pull it,I also have all my H/A stuff here,I will give you a killer deal on everything you need,all it needs is a couple leaky gaskets replaced,Hell I even have my G/N here,I will be selling that as a roller.

i would have to say the only pain i had taking mine out is the main wire harness have to remove a few brackets to get it out of the motor

I've removed an '84 motor with everything on it but the turbo, TB and exhaust crossover. Probably could have left the turbo on too. After the refresh I reinstalled it with a full 87 setup, with everything on it but the crossover and coil. If you remove the trans at the same time you probably don't even need to remove the crossover. My hoist has short legs, and I had to remove a front wheel and come in from the side, but still it was cake.

the only thing that gave me any kind of a problem when i took the engine out of my car a couple of years ago was the engine harness- the way they wrapped it around the engine seems kind of stupid to me.

Engine removal

Very simple....remove the crossover and leave everything else on including the turbo. Unbolt the throttle body from the turbo, leave all the linkage hooked up and set it aside. Pull the engine.....have done it several times, its quick and simple.

Pete

I have my N/A Regal here 12k original miles runs flawless all original,I am sure the motor will fit your needs,I am local to you,let me know if your interested,you can come by and hear it run before I pull it,I also have all my H/A stuff here,I will give you a killer deal on everything you need,all it needs is a couple leaky gaskets replaced,Hell I even have my G/N here,I will be selling that as a roller.

Motor and H/A stuff is sold,guy gave me $200.00 for complete motor and all the H/A items.