PT52 turbo ???????

gnfinke

i thinking of going with a pt52 turbo but i dont know what other mods are needed for the turbo i em told that it bolts riget up but i dont wount to have to go internals do you think that that turbo is a good choice if not make a suggestion for turbo a needed mods

I run this turbo, it requires a minimum 2900 stall convertor and a good fuel system. larger injectors is a good start. it's all about finding the right combination.

I also added an alky system and other mods and the car went well....

good luck its a good turbo

Depends on the rest of your mods and how much $$ you want to spend. Just as a personal choice, I would go with a GT6131 or GT6152 from Limit Engineering. From what I gather, the 6152 is one of the better street/strip turbos for our cars and doesn't require a big stall for good spoolup. Injector wise, go ahead and step up to the 60# Motrons. They will pretty much support anything you can throw their way, within reason of course.

What other mods do you have done to the car?

my mods

i have a 2.5 exhaust k/n intake i think fuel pump and injectors but not shore
new trany with shift kit but no stall

The other thing I should have asked is this......what are your goals for the car? Any particular ET you want to run, or just have a fairly quick street car?

If you are looking to have a quick street car, then I would look at the GT3255 (same league as the TE-44) or the GT6131. Both will power you into the 11's with supporting mods. Neither require much in the way of a stall....2800-3000 would work just fine. You will also need a nice TH-style downpipe, or at least a ported elbow and 3" replacement downpipe. For a street car that sees limited track time, and someone please correct me if I'm off base a bit, here's what I would do:

GT3255 turbo
60# Motron injectors
Turbo Tweak chip
nice stock location stretch i/c or a minimum big neck stock i/c
2800-3000 lockup stall
shift kit

I had a TE44, big neck stock i/c, ATR downpipe, 009 (42.5#) injs, 2 1/2" catback, Red Armstrong 93 oct chip, stock D5 convertor, B&M shift kit in my 86 GN. Car ran 8.26 @ 87 mph in the 1/8 on reg ol street radials/pump gas with no tuning, just drove it to the track to goof around a bit. Made for a fun daily driver, that's for sure.