Propane kit on the way

Make sure you post back to let us know how install went and how she performs on the stuff!

Enjoy!

Joel

I talked to the mechanic today I am dropping the car off to him Thursday. I am going to ask him to take pics of the install. I will keep you posted.

Tony

I know you can't wait to install it. If you can please let me know how the install goes and how easy or how difficult it was to tune.

Thanks
Tony

Glad to see the kits are making it out in the wild. If anyone has any feedback they would like to send me direct, use the email addresses in my signature.

Jay Dammit....

I want one..... Hook me up. You know what I need.

Just make it happen...:D

You KNOW where to find me.... Bruce
WE4

Just got in from work, and guess what was waiting for me in the parlor ? you gussed it PRO-PAIN!!!!!!!! I can't wait till Friday I install the propane kit and my movie comes out. WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND

Tony

So.. any updates Dan or Tony?

Jay I have been so busy promoting my new movie I didn't even get a chance to call the mechanic yet. I will call him today and see if he started yet. I will post as soon as I know.

Tony

I got my kit this past week as well, and have been slowly installing it in my Syclone. Very nice piece. I did email Jay about a few things, and found a place that may have a heater geared towards propane, and also has a remote digital nitrous pressure gauge that I'll be using for the propane tank.

Anyways, I'm going to try to do some testing with it this weekend, hopefully hit the track with it as well. Might not have much testing done by the time I make some passes with it though. Biggest concern of mine right now is the fact that it's pretty damn cold in Chicagoland, so I want to make sure I have the pressure in the tank up. My truck has the parts for high (possibly mid) 11s, and has run 12.59 with 16psi creeping to 18psi the first time out with my current combination. My goals down the road are 11s on 93 octane, my goal this weekend is to get it tuned running 20psi on 93 octane safely & reliably.

For anyone that didn't the kit before, I put the pictures up on our server as well... http://www.chitownsyty.com/bg/pics/propain/

Observations - Lot of braided line, but it turns out it was JUST enough for my install. The jet/nozzle is easier to install than with an alky setup, no tapping to be done, just drill & tighten it up to the nut. I may do up a custom bottle mount, as the one that comes with the kit didn't seem too secure to me, but mounting it in the bed of a pickup truck is a bit different than mounting it in a trunk ;)

The questions I need to find answers to -
1- Will wideband 02 data be accurate? Will I have similar AFR targets with propane?

2- What amount of hp headroom does this propane kit give us? It is more of a fuel than alky is, what I'm saying is if we have a fuel system supporting 400hp, and we have the combination for 500hp, can the propane support another 100 hp?

I do agree with Jay that this kit probably gives us more tuning options than we need.. pressure, jet size and solenoid duty cycle. Any one of those to be used as a variable would probably be enough ;)
ech.. long post, but I'm excited to try this.