Project turbo regal begins

03supercharged

Hey guys, I have been lurking and getting information for awhile now, but I finally picked up a chassis, so now I can start working on installing all the parts I have sitting around. It will take awhile to put together but Ill keep ya updated.

Here are a couple pics of the car I just picked up last week
CIMG2777.jpg

CIMG2778.jpg

CIMG2779.jpg

CIMG2780.jpg

Kinda missing something at the moment, but that will soon change :)
CIMG2776.jpg

Main motor and spare motor for it
ls1motors.jpg

Looks like it is going to be a wireing nightmare. That from what i see in the picks. Good luck and have fun with it.

Good start. I'm suprised there's no rust on it since you're in the frozen north.
Thanks, I guess I forgot to mention it was originally a Arizona car up until 2 years ago :), and seeing that I only paid 600 for it, I think i got it for a steal :cool:

Looks like it is going to be a wireing nightmare. That from what i see in the picks. Good luck and have fun with it.

It shouldn't be too bad since Im putting in the newer wiring harness for the new motor, but we'll see

Can you tell us about the motor combination please?
Sure, both motors are 5.3 silverado motors. The main one Im going to use has z06 heads with prc valve springs and a z06 cam. Im using the TCI sfi flywheel kit to adapt a turbo 400 to the motor. Im using a MP70 turbo with a 38mm wastegate and a 50mm Blow off valve. For this year Im shooting for the 500rwhp mark, then next year Im replacing the 5.3 with a 408 and cranking up the boost :cool: Im still trying to decide if I want to have it tuned with E85 or not.

Update!

Got more parts yesterday!

LS1 1 inch setback motor mount plates
CIMG2800.jpg

TCI SFI Approved Flywheel
CIMG2803.jpg

My new Comp Cam
CIMG2796.jpg

My new manual steering box
s10manual.jpg

Fuel line fittings, allows me to run AN line to the factory quick connect fuel rails
CIMG2801.jpg

More to come, UPS should bring more on Monday :)

What will you be using for fuel control?

If your going BS3 or XFI this dash will probably be cheaper than all those gauges. The UDX is around $695. It will plug into a wiring harness and read the BS3 or XFI system and display it on the dash.

Here's a pic

http://www.racepak.com/graphicfiles/udx_dash.jpg

This is a great setup. Very low key and it has by far more capability than analog gauges. It takes a little work to mount it to the dash, but the trim pieces can be put back on and it will look clean when installed.

Hey guys, I had to put the car on hold for last year, now im starting to finally work on it, here is what i have done in the past couple weeks, still trying to decide if I should fabricate a dash or reuse the factory one.

kdk_0520.jpg

kdk_0521.jpg

kdk_0522.jpg

kdk_0526.jpg

kdk_0528.jpg

kdk_0548.jpg

kdk_0549.jpg

kdk_0551.jpg

kdk_0552.jpg

kdk_0553.jpg

man i thought i got a good deal on my granny regal. looks good keep bangin. stock gm controller will do your combo no problem. 317 heads would have maybe been better but damn you got a good start.

Thanks man, I wish i was as far along as you are with yours, it looks good man!
I did get the chance to to a little with the car, i mounted the extra 5.3 i had in the garage to check clearances.

seems to be fitting pretty good with the 1 inch setback plates

kdk_0055.jpg

kdk_0054.jpg

Good start. I'm suprised there's no rust on it since you're in the frozen north.

Lol... I like your comment. It actually gets nice in the north. My regal has no rust at all on it and I am further north than he is.

Build looks great so far. All I had to do when I did my swap was move the mounts back to a different set of holes in the K. The engine is less than a finger width away from the firewall and everything lines up perfectly..

Arthur