Project T-Type has begun!!

Looks like a lot of fun Geoff!! You should have quite a bit of parts to sell when your done huh? Make some money back that way. Is that hot air crank still good?
Derek:cool:

...the adventure begins! :cool:

So, any luck getting the POR-15 off your hands? :p :D

About time...

glad to see it's not rusting into the ground... I thought you were going to keep it hot-air?

Now that I think about it... I know someone who might be interested in the short-block...

Bottom end was OK... theres a new timing chain under the cover

Originally posted by 71RSZ28
...the adventure begins! :cool:

So, any luck getting the POR-15 off your hands? :p :D

Nope! :eek: :D Rubber (or neoprene) gloves, and a long sleeved shirt next time for sure!! :D

Originally posted by HI85WH1
About time...

glad to see it's not rusting into the ground... I thought you were going to keep it hot-air?

Yeah, it's only been sitting for 1-1/2 years? Or has it been longer?.......:confused: :eek: :D

I was going to keep it a Hot-Air for a while, but the need to go faster than 11.78 has taken over. :cool: :D

Originally posted by Geoff87
Yeah, it's only been sitting for 1-1/2 years? Or has it been longer?.......:confused: :eek: :D

I was going to keep it a Hot-Air for a while, but the need to go faster than 11.78 has taken over. :cool: :D

Here we go... faster and faster... Dawnie was asking me about the car yesterday...

It's been about 2 years actually... I've had the Monte back from paint since June '02... (at least now it's in the garage... again)

hey, do you still need the front fender?

You STILL have the fender? :confused: :) I thought it was gone. Yeah thanks, I still need it. I'll give you a call later. I was by your house last week. I should have dropped by.:eek: :D

Originally posted by HI85WH1
scotchbrite pads and Dawn dishwashing liquid...

Gonna give that a try later. I'm fine with it because I usually have greasy hands at work, but picture Geoff in his office, wearing a nice shirt and dress slacks, and black POR-15 all over his hands and forearms... :D :D

If this stuff sticks to metal HALF as well as it sticks to skin, it's worth the $$ ;)

Oh, and the car has been sitting for just about 2 years (not that I'm counting - the Camaro has been there 4 years). Seems like Rob delivered it only yesterday...

I only remember because I sold it when the monte was due out of the paint shop...

I think my trailer had more weight back then as well (less rust)

If you went by you noticed things moving around a bit...

BTW, was there a set of stamped roller tip rockers in the trunk?

Roller rockers?

Well Rob, if it was there then it is STILL there as nothing has been removed. Just added to.. :D I don't remember seeing it though.:confused:

Maybe Tommy can chime in. :D

*chime* :p

At one time or another, I sorted through all the stuff in the trunk - I don't recall seeing any rockers. :confused:

hell, I dont know what I did with them... maybe they are in the trunk of the GN... something to look for this week...

anyone need small GN parts?... car is pretty much wasted...

Good luck with the project Geoff! If there's any parts I can haul over from the mainland on one of my bi-annual trips let me know. :cool:

Originally posted by c&cgn
Good luck with the project Geoff! If there's any parts I can haul over from the mainland on one of my bi-annual trips let me know. :cool:

Thanks! :cool: I WILL take you up on your offer!!! You'll be sorry!! :D

New PICS added!! :cool:

Damn, you go through more cars than I do... (Maybe not):D

Looks good with those V/C's