Product opinions

belsie

Any thoughts out there on Boostane for octane improvement and Lubegard for transmission additive ??

I've used Boostane before and currently use Lubegard products in my trans and engine.

My car is normally tuned to run Ethanol but at one time I was experiencing delays in getting product (no pump E85 where I live). I tried the Boostane in hopes I could continue to keep my boost turned up while I waited for the next shipment of Ethanol to come in. The change in fuels involved some retuning of course but bottom line is, it does work. Unlike most over-the-counter octane boosters. I believe Hartline Performance has a thread somewhere on here where they did testing and subsequently became a distributor for the product. I eventually switched back to Ethanol because my car just runs better on it but I would not hesitate to use it again in a pinch.

Likewise, the Lubegard trans and engine oil additives are good products as well. I wouldn't say the same for many other similar products.

Be careful with it. I spilled some on me and immediately felt sick for over half an hour.