problems w rev x cams?

AlaskaGN

I really want to order one of these kits and was just curious if anyone is having any issues with these kits at all. Thanks for the help

Do a search on the topic. We addressed this not long ago. In short, there may be problems with SOME of the cams having an extra thick thrust area that can cause lifters to ride up the sides of adjacent cam lobes. Rudy.

Sounds good...might be scared of the loss of traction though:biggrin: are the stock rockers ok to run?
What cam would be a good choice?

Would it be smarter to buy an alky kit or a torque converter if I can only do one? The highest octane fuel here in AK is 90 :(

Im mostly street driving this car but want it to hall a**...My set up is a te60 turbo, stock ic w/ dutt neck. bigger valved heads, hooker exh, 3in dp, 60inj, tt, welbro 155, gasket matched int, kn

THanks for the help :)

Sounds good...might be scared of the loss of traction though:biggrin: are the stock rockers ok to run?
What cam would be a good choice?

Would it be smarter to buy an alky kit or a torque converter if I can only do one? The highest octane fuel here in AK is 90 :(

Im mostly street driving this car but want it to hall a**...My set up is a te60 turbo, stock ic w/ dutt neck. bigger valved heads, hooker exh, 3in dp, 60inj, tt, welbro 155, gasket matched int, kn

THanks for the help :)
i am running stock rockers and my cam doesnt tick like a sewing machine. i would definitly do an alky kit first. for a street car i would go with a 210/215 as these cars do not need a huge cam. the te60 is a good low 11 choice with a good tune and a good 60 ft. you would have a killer setup.

Well sorry about that should have mentioned the cam is a must item. THis will be the second time ive torn it down. flat tappet w/ flat lobes. :mad: So the roller is a for sure thing just wanted to know about the alky or the TC for better pleasure. SOunds like ALKY?

i am running stock rockers and my cam doesnt tick like a sewing machine. i would definitly do an alky kit first. for a street car i would go with a 210/215 as these cars do not need a huge cam. the te60 is a good low 11 choice with a good tune and a good 60 ft. you would have a killer setup.

are you running a roller cam/lifters and stock rockers? if so how do you like it was thinking of going all roller on mine

are you running a roller cam/lifters and stock rockers? if so how do you like it was thinking of going all roller on mine

i like it because of the cost savings! not looking for every e.t. as long as your heads arent milled a ton then they should be fine

I also run the 210/215 with stock rockers.......two engines from flat lobes I went roller and has been nothing but great......dont have to worry about oil or additives...run Valvoline VR1 20W-50......and yes I do have a very bad traction issue....but I'm not complaining bout that.:biggrin:

I have an alky set also but I am not currently using it. I have the car set right at 19-20 pounds and I cant get it to hook for nothing so more boost would actually slow me down from more tire spin. However I do have 93 oct available so 20 is possible. You may want to get an alky kit if you want to run 20 psi or more on the street.....I dont think you can get there with 90oct.