Problems getting HOTTT!

screamindemon2

I already installed a 92 camaro radiator,water pump,160 thermastat. Fan runs all the time, got a new one coming this week. But every time I try to ru n the a/c it wants to jump to 230 real quick. Any suggestions Please
Thanks JoJo

I'll join this thread.

I have cooling problems also.

Dual fans, water-wetter, proper air dams, etc.

Large tranny cooler and using the cooler in the radiator.

My oil cooler is not hooked up. It was disconnected when someone put on a remote mount oil filter (turbo saver)

Stock radiator looks clean inside.

With that front-mount intercooler, you've almost got to get a larger radiator (aftermarket). I have a CAS (I know there are other brands), and my car runs no more than 180 in this Gulf Coast heat with the A/C on.
I believe I talked with you at the Houston Buick Club meet at HRP on 8/27/06.

I just installed the Modine 951 from Autozone yesterday.
Temps with the AC on, in traffic, did not climb above 187.
Still not where I want it, but with my unknown "F-body 3 core radiator", I would have easily seen 205 -210.

Last night around 9:00, I saw 165 max.

Yes I talked w/ u at the meeting. I think my fan relay might be going bad.When it went to turn on it was clicking real bad before the fan came on. I order the syclone fan from summit, I will install this week & c what that does for it.
Thanks everyone
JoJo

Cooling issue

Only thing I can think is maybe the intercooler and condensor is clogged with bugs. I know my car ran a few degrees hotter after a 400 mile road trip to the Iowa Buick meet. 30 minutes of powerspraying the intercooler and condensor fixed it right up. I'm still running straight water.

Ram Fans are your answer with the AC.
Make sure you get all the air pockets out and that your rad cap is not really old.

What was the outside temp on the 230 degree drive?