Problems at the track

87gnturbosix

Last weekend the car ran good at the track. During the week I put a stall converter in, art carr 3k LU. Drove it around the neighborhood, seemed fine. Did a compression check, OK. I get to the track(1/8) and it spits and sputters past half track. Fuel pressure 70PSI and boost at 20 (has run good there before). I put some more fuel in to bring it up to 1/4 tank (116 octane), still spit then set codes runs like it's missing until I get back to the pits. I didn't have my laptop to check them so I changed chips and reset the computer. Next few passes same thing and check engine light cames on again, so I loaded it up. When I got home, drove it around normal driving it's fine, but these are the codes that were set:

(12) No Ref. Pulse- engine not running
(13) 02 Sensor
(14) High coolant sensor temp
(15) Low coolant sensor temp
(21) High TPS
(22) Low TPS
(23) MAT Low
(24) Vehicle speed sensor
(42) EST monitor Error

Does anyone have a clue what is going on? I sure don't! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Ya grounds, or... with mine after some decent work on refinishing the heads and springs, and things she wouldnt let me floor her. Car bogged out within 2-3 seconds of punching it. A smooth slow acceleration was ok. Turned out to be timing gear.

So just a thought, if its the original nylon gear, it may be shot. I thought it was an electrical problem too. My car did not throw any codes though and seeing that array of codes Id gr through grounds first.

cheers......

Check your DirectScan connection or remove it and see if the problem goes away.

I've never had a problem with mine but I know there are some on this board who have. Do a search and you will probably find problems similar to yours that involve DS.

Later,
Ed

Tommy, Like eds87gn said, check the direct scan. Mine was doing the same exact thing. I unplugged the direct scan and ran an otc 4000......problem solved. I havn't run direct scan since. Also is that fuel pressure at idle line off??? And I would be carefull running only 1/4 tank of gas. If you uncover the sending unit goodbye head gasket:eek: good luck

I checked the grounds last night, they seemed to be in good shape. I didn't put a star washer on the body to tranny ground, but I doubt that was the problem. I will put one back on it. I will try the DS next. The fuel pressure is at 20 psi, it's set for 49 vacuum off. Thanks for the help!!

He means that if you accelerate and the gas moves to the back of the tank and you don't have gas at the intake of the fuel pump you will run LEAN, possibly damaging a head gasket. :(
Tarey D.