Pro Pain Kit Production Photos

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
As requested, here are photos of the shipping propane injection kit offered through OGS. Hopefully this will be enough to satisfy those of you wanting to see photos ;)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Any questions, feel free to ask. Kits are boxed up and heading out the door. I dont know how many are still available but I believe there are a few. OGS's preorder page is still active.

As you can see, everything is pretty much plug and play. I would guestimate installation could be done in an hour to an hour and a half at the most.

wow-

im most impressed by picture #7 just turn the knob in a fuzz and dial the pressure in---

thats kinda nice to have :)

no questions here- looks like a great kit to have for any turbo application :D

good luck

Well since my panties are in a bunch,I like everything but the control center,,with the technology today I would like to have a more compact designand digital,dont get me wrong ,its very well put together.
Do we have any electronics wizards on board:eek: :eek: :D

You wanna raise the price another $100-$150.00 we'll make anything you want. I can build a $1000.00 kit with all kinds of bells and whistles but no one is going to buy it.

Looks very nice but where does the command center go? Not to complaion or anything but I was hoping something small like a scan master, would it fit in the center console?? The clear hose on it does thet go back to the reg ??
thanks,
Ralph

I like how you named it PRO PAIN after the heavy metal band! :D

Those guys rock, and I'm sure the kit does too. :D :D

Jay, i'm sure this has been asked before but whats the guesstimate on how long the bottle in the kit will last. is the tank and braket made to fit where the spare tire goes? also would the controller fit in the console.

The controller will go anywhere you want to put it. The clear hose goes to a boost source. As far as making another controller, it can be done but the price would increase dramatically. Maybe we can look into offering an optional one. I believe it would drive the price too high however.

The tank has lasted the testers anywhere from 3-4 months. Your mileage may vary and I seriously doubt anyone will get near that out of their first tank or two because they will be too busy testing it out :)

We have been mounting the tanks on the package tray.

Pro Pain Kit

Cool prop pain kit! Does that ugly thing come with it. That picture sure looked scary!
Tom :p

Does the bottle have to be removed to be filled or can you just wheel up to the pumps and open the trunk?

Good question.. I would imagine it would have to be removed as most places I have seen fill by weight. It can be in and out in less than 5 minutes though. It isnt a big chore at all.

I should also mention, I just noticed its not in the photos, that we do provide a blowdown setup in case the pressure valve on the propane tank vents. Nothing fancy, just covering the bases.

Originally posted by rick richardson
how much is this kit nobody has said the price thanks rick

$570 IIRC... not sure if that includes shipping in the US.

Jay, how about an "in car installation" photo or two? :)

What are the advantages of this kit on an otherwise stock car?

I am very impressed... I just need to find a spare $570.... :D

The advantages are pretty much the same as alcohol. Much more boost on pump gas although IMO propane is much easier to tune than alcohol. It's hard to overdo it and it doesn't seem to suffer from the transitional problems alcohol does if you engage the kit too early.

I'm sure Dan will be getting some photos together of an in car installation. I dont have a final kit in my possesion to do it so once he gets caught up on the preorders, I'm sure he will take the time to do it.

How adjustable is it? Does it modulate by boost, rpms, throttle position? Do you need to mess with jets of any kind or is it that adjustable. Just want to make sure it will work for my tacoma.

Its adjustable via boost cut on point, solenoid pulse width, pressure and by changing jets. Variable by throttle might have been nice for diesel applications but thats not our target audience and I dont know for sure you need that anyway. I have found that what we have is quite tuneable, probably SUBSTANTIALLY moreso than needed to be quite truthful. This stuff is VERY easy to get a handle on quick.

Doing the RPM deal would have been nice too but it would have been a nightmare electronics wise and again, probably not cost effective considering the market we are targeting.