prices on valve springs?

666al

are valve springs normally very cheap or am i wrong? I found new sets for around 40-50 dollars from comp (980s)

Cheap. You can get stock replacements from Autozone, Advance, Oreilly etc for around $1 ea. The LT-1 (Z/28) 100 lb springs are around $3 ea at the same places, cheaper on-line: rockauto, etc ($2 ea).

You needed to buy new retainers, too. Don't for get that.

Along with 10 degree locks too. ;)

I think the whole conversion cost me approx $250-$275 with the locators and hardened shims. The locators gave me too much install height, so I couldn't use them anyway.

Or you could pay like 1.50 each for the CORRECT FACTORY springs that wont wipe your lobes. trw744's I think. They spec out at around 77 or so pounds.. like your valve springs are supposed to...

Or you could pay like 1.50 each for the CORRECT FACTORY springs that wont wipe your lobes. trw744's I think. They spec out at around 77 or so pounds.. like your valve springs are supposed to...

And they would probably be OK if they were run with very low, factory and under boost levels. Problem is, that seldom happens... and valve float becomes a problem.

It really becomes a very delicate dance when choosing valvesprings... even on a hydraulic roller, they can be fussy.

Factory replacement Sealed-Power/Federal-Mogual VS-677 and VS-744 are both around 76-78 lbs on the seat and will take about .500" lift (same as comp 979's, 80 lbs closed). Comp 980 are 90 lbs on the seat. LT-1, Z/28 springs (VS-739R, comp 981) are about 100 lbs on the seat, same ~.500" max lift.