Precision Maximum-Flow Oil System (a.k.a. Turbo Saver)

gn87man

Hey guys,

I need some advice.

I have the Precision Maximum-Flow Oil System (a.k.a. Turbo Saver) installed on my 87 GN (See attached picture).

I sheared the crankshaft in half and sheared the # 2 Main Cap in half a while back.

My rebuilt engine is almost complete.

Questions:

Does the Precision Maximum-Flow Oil System have a replaceable filter?

Should I replace the entire Precision Maximum-Flow Oil System with a new one because of possible metal debris in it?

Is there a way to clean out the Precision Maximum-Flow Oil System?

Thanks in advance for your help.

20180201_223541.jpg

Last edited:
yes, there is a replaceable filter on the turbo saver. so...that being said, you have never replaced it? Have you changed your oil lately?

Yes
No
and no.

just clean out the oil from the lines and its good

yes, there is a replaceable filter on the turbo saver. so...that being said, you have never replaced it? Have you changed your oil lately?
Thank you for the information. I actually blew the motor about 6 weeks after I bought the car so I never had a chance to change the oil. :)

I was wondering if there was in internal oil filter within the system, other than the small oil filter attached to the filter head.

A full sized WIX or Baldwin should be on that system..
In addition to cleaning the hoses, clean the filter head.
If the system is plumbed thru the cooler in the rad, the cooler element needs to be replaced.

A full sized WIX or Baldwin should be on that system..
In addition to cleaning the hoses, clean the filter head.
If the system is plumbed thru the cooler in the rad, the cooler element needs to be replaced.
Thanks Chuck. I will check on a WIX or Baldwin. I will make sure to clean the filter head and hoses. The system is not plumbed through the cooler in the radiator. So that is one less thing to worry about.

I'd convert it to swivel AN 10 lines so its 10000x easier to uninstall/install when pulling the motor.

When i bought my Turbo Saver 23 years ago. I also bought a System 1 reusable tall oil filter to use with it. The filter cost me a lot less back then, than they do now though. It has saved me a bunch of money from not having to buy regular oil filters during the 23 years of use though. And i never have to cut an oil filter apart to inspect for anything in the oil,so that is a time saver also.

Here is a link for the System 1 reusable oil filter.

http://www.jegs.com/i/System-1/888/...MI5NL4-JWK2QIVHJ7ACh1a3A8YEAQYAiABEgKy6vD_BwE

Last edited:
When i bought my turbo saver 23 years ago. I also bought a System 1 reusable tall oil filter to use with it. The filter cost me a lot less back then, than they do now though. It has saved me a bunch of money from not having to buy regular oil filters during the 23 years of use though. And i never have to cut an oil filter apart to inspect for anything in the oil,so that is a time saver also.

http://www.jegs.com/i/System-1/888/...MI5NL4-JWK2QIVHJ7ACh1a3A8YEAQYAiABEgKy6vD_BwE

When i bought my Turbo Saver 23 years ago. I also bought a System 1 reusable tall oil filter to use with it. The filter cost me a lot less back then, than they do now though. It has saved me a bunch of money from not having to buy regular oil filters during the 23 years of use though. And i never have to cut an oil filter apart to inspect for anything in the oil,so that is a time saver also.

Thank you! I will check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk