Powerlogger files /TurboTweak 6.0 - Tuning advise Please?

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
Here are my last 2 - 1/4 mile passes from last weekend. Something's banging on the 1/2 shift - which I need to find. However my main concerns are:
-KR at the top of 3rd. Rich knock?
-After the burnout it wants to stall. Drives and normally runs fine.
Running 110 Octane fuel, alky knob set to 3. Please let me know if you have any questions. I'd really appreciate some feedback.
Thanks a lot,
Darren

Oh, one more thing - do I need to calibrate my PLX/Wideband?

Attachments

• 8-22d.zip
    73.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 8-22f.zip
    61.3 KB · Views: 34
I'll take a shot, there are certainly better people than me at this so here goes. Couple things that jump out at me. On your shifts your only dropping 400 rpms. That is a serious bang of 14* KR on the 1-2 shift.

O2 millivolts at .874 on the 1-2 shift, your WB dropped out., I'd guess false knock.

The knock at the top 3rd, 18.5 psi, 5782 rpm, that KR creep with .811 millivolts would worry me. How old is that sensor? This was right before the shift into OD. I would read the instructions on that WB sensor and calibrate it.

110 will eat up narrow band O2 sensors, and your WB isnt telling you anything, unless you think you are really that rich. How do the plugs look?

As far as the car wanting to die right after the burnout, check your IAC. Mine would do the same thing until I set it correctly.

Plugs and info.

Thanks a lot for the reply Joe. I have a new trans from Extreme Automatics, what is more typical drop on shifts? The wideband sensor is new this summer and has less than 500 kms on it. The factory o2 was replaced with a heated o2 sensor likely 5,000 kms or less ago. From what I can see with the PLX system you don't need to calibrate the sensor? I pulled the plugs this morning and here are a couple picture of them. I made my last pass, drove to the pits, and then drove it on and off the trailer. Do you think that will still give me a fairly good idea? I'm no expert but they look good to me - not as rich perhaps as the wideband is showing? I did find out that they were gapped a little tight :confused: They were likely .030" or .032" but I re-gapped them to .035".
Thanks again,
D

Attachments

• DSC02683a.jpg
    DSC02683a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02685a.jpg
    DSC02685a.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 107
I'd move this question to the alky forum so Julio can cover you on the alky side and then I'd go to TurboTweak forum where Steve Wood and/or Eric can address the chip side of it.

You have good parts and the car should run extremely well.