power steering pump pully

paul87buick

:confused: how do remove power steering pump pully. I now you need a pully puller . there is a allen key looking nut in the middle of pully does this need to be undone ? DO NOT WANT TO BREAK ANYTHING:)

Take this to someone that has the correct puller and knows exactally what to do, or you will be looking for a new pulley.

I think i may have seen the puller in pep boys and advanced auto. looks to be some sort of clam-shell type puller. I know that auto zone rents out there tools for a day or two. might want to stop in and tell them what you got. that pulley isn't unique to just this car. many gm models of same era used em so a puller shouldn't be too tough to locate.

what he said and the the allen key looking thing you were talking about does not have have to be removed. It is the end of the shaft.

went to autozone used their pully puller, pump uses a press on pully, no bolt on pully wheel ,one of the bolts that holds the pump on broke clean off when I put the new pump on, stress fatigue I guess 120 thousand miles .:D thanks for the input

Originally posted by Nick Micale
Take this to someone that has the correct puller and knows exactally what to do, or you will be looking for a new pulley.
Yeah Nick! & the pullys are no longer available unless you know of a source. Ran into a bent one the other day & wound up haveing to straighten it on my lathe cause I couldn't find one. Regards Lou

Originally posted by turbolou
Yeah Nick! & the pullys are no longer available unless you know of a source. Ran into a bent one the other day & wound up haveing to straighten it on my lathe cause I couldn't find one. Regards Lou

I have some NOS pulleys available. $36.00 and I'll pay the shipping.