Power logger file, converter slip questions, tuning recomendations

Daves convertor can't be locked at WOT for racing. If you wanna go that route then you're looking at the Precision multidisc and the 9/11. Time and time again...most choose the wrong convertor.

My car is 95% street and it seems most go to a LU for a primarily street application. Having said that, when I do go to the track once in a while, or find that random mustang around town, I want to be able to take advantage of the power that I do have. I'm sure many do choose the wrong converter and I don't want to be one to waste my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if Dave's cannot be locked at WOT and Eric only does it if you ask him t it sounds like locking at WOT in 3rd is something you do not want to do. OK, here's the dumb question (or one of them)... why not lock it somewhere in 3rd? Loss of torque multiplying benefit?

So if Dave's cannot be locked at WOT and Eric only does it if you ask him t it sounds like locking at WOT in 3rd is something you do not want to do. OK, here's the dumb question (or one of them)... why not lock it somewhere in 3rd? Loss of torque multiplying benefit?
Locking the converter is hard on the trans as well as the converter. Some converters are made to handle it but sooner or later it will need the clutches replaced. Those smaller single disk units simply cant take it and will burn the clutch up quickly if locked at wot.
Spend the money one time and get a PTC 9.5 Non lock up unit. If you ride around with 93 octane and 16-17 psi the PTC is not for you. You need to throw power at it to let it do its job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use to lock my LU convertors in high gear for racing...but the clutch never lasted long. Went the NL route and haven't looked back.