Power Brake Booster - filter came apart??

JAMCAR223

IMG_8154.JPG
IMG_8153.JPG
On my home last night, I was coming to a stop light, and NO brakes!!! I almost hit the car in front of me. While sitting at the light, I could see the vacuum gauge, and the tach fluttering a little. I made the turn and pulled into the nearest store, to check it out. I saw this... The breather / filter had come apart. Thankfully, I was only a mile away from my house when this happened.

Its just a "pressed-plastic" piece, but I had never seen one separate. Plus its only got 2500 miles on it. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?? Also curious if there is a 1pc. metal replacement?? (I could paint / polish it). Looking for a better quality replacement.

Put a check valve in the line before the filter so it doesn't see boost

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

To much boost hitting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the responses. In the trash it goes...now a straight hose from the vacuum block to the booster, with no check valve, or breather .

Thanks for all the responses. In the trash it goes...now a straight hose from the vacuum block to the booster, with no check valve, or breather .
Actually James if I'm not mistaken the valve thats in the booster is a one way {check} valve.