Power Antenna Replacement

Fastair6

Does anyone know if part # 88891020 replacement power antenna is wired correctly for our TTA's? I installed the antenna with no problem, but it seems the antenna is internally wired differently than the original. I have power on the white wire with radio off. I have power to the green wire when the radio is on. Rock Auto specifically says trans am under this part #. I googled it and this part # comes up for TA's as well.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
JB

Does anyone know if part # 88891020 replacement power antenna is wired correctly for our TTA's? I installed the antenna with no problem, but it seems the antenna is internally wired differently than the original. I have power on the white wire with radio off. I have power to the green wire when the radio is on. Rock Auto specifically says trans am under this part #. I googled it and this part # comes up for TA's as well.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
JB
I don't know the part number, but here is something that might help you out, and if possible you can repair your damage one if the cable is damage.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...for-less-than-2-and-never-break-again.369135/

Attachments

• Electric Antenna Installation.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
this one is the same
part # 22039309
see pics
the last picture is a used one

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 192
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 173
  • 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up ordering the (U75) Ac Delco part # 88891017. Fits great and has the correct internal wiring. I took my original apart and was about to upgrade the antenna like the sticky says, but my internals were so corroded and worn i decided to just replace the unit. I wanted to make sure others knew what the correct replacement antenna was. I sent the incorrect antenna back.
Thanks again.
JB

I had the power antenna issue may years ago and replaced it once but that one didnt last long either so I went with a nice black powder coated single piece stick antenna. It looks like it came on the car from the factory. If you ask me, The chrome looks out of place on the GN and I was tired of pulling the fender to replace the antenna.