potential new gnx owner need some help

Learn something new everyday. Looks like the mufflers would have cleared without the dents. Wonder why ASC didn't just make new mufflers if they were having clearance issues with the stockers?

Keep in mind that the stock GN muffler was a single piece cross flow mounted crossways along the same plane as the axle.

The GNX muffler bodies (not including tailpipes) were carryovers from other applications such as the Olds 442.

I forgot the GN had the transverse muffler but you'd still think they wouldn't just grab a muffler off the shelf and bang on it to make it fit. I mean this was GM and ASC not just some shadetree mechanic.

I think this car sold 2yrs, ago in Las Vegas Barrett-
jackson auction.If it's same car then I think the mileage is no where close to 5k,I would say more like what car fax said as it was well driven,engine bay as well as under side,wheel wells showed much wear,I would take hard look at this,4 of us really looked that car over good and passed because of mileage stated,buyer beware,then again I could be wrong of course,hope this helps

I forgot the GN had the transverse muffler but you'd still think they wouldn't just grab a muffler off the shelf and bang on it to make it fit. I mean this was GM and ASC not just some shadetree mechanic.

The mufflers bodies were crimped when the mufflers themselves were manufactured. The crimps provided clearance on the 442 application.

gnx

Guys I really appreciate your input i will be going there soon to see the car but the car fax from what i understand was a mistake from an oil change place i will see all this details when i get there i also emailed the GNX registry and they gave me some info and tips

Thanks and Happy New Year

The mufflers bodies were crimped when the mufflers themselves were manufactured. The crimps provided clearance on the 442 application.

Pic of the crimped mufflers I took off my 442

exhaust1.jpg

gnx

going to see car next week if everything complies it will come to a new home