Poston super servo

tim sewald

I am installing a Poston's super servo and I notice the new servo is shorter (not in total lenght just where the inside surface would mate to the transmission) and doesn't have the small spring. Should I put it in as is or use the small spring from the original? This is a 84 t-type. Thanks for any help

Tim

Put it in

AS is. Take out all your old servo, including the spring and install the new one as is with no spring. :D

I put the super servo and a new tcc solenoid last night. Very good results, the servo works very good. Nice chrisp shifts that are not too harsh and I didn't notice the clunk I hear other guy's talk about when down shifting. About the tcc solenoid, if there is any doubt that you might think your's is bad do yourself a favor and change it. This transmition works better than when did when it was new.

Tim

Originally posted by chris718
that poston servo is ours

Does it come with the smaller intermediate servo piston like the stock GN servo has?

Also is the little spring not important?

thx

I have an 85 BQ tranny and have ordered the old 200 servo. Do I do like you said and remove everything and put the 200 servo in, or do I leave anything inside there? I know the 84-85 trannies didn't have as many parts as the 86-87 trannies. I will be having a shop install this and wanted to know what to tell them about installing this piece.

OneLethal87GN

yes. install the 200 servo as is. Take all of the other servo out, including the spring.