Post your Bowling Green updates!!!!

Otto went a 9.4X @ 146mph. Not sure if he said that was in the final. I didn't stay for eliminations, sure wish I could have. Congrats Otto!

Jim Rock's Car

Jims car did make 1 pass I think on Thurs.Shake down only.Once a few small issues are dealt with his lighter,more slippery new car will no doubt be in contention for all the marbles

Originally posted by EightSecV6
After much controversy with our TSO entrant due to our interpretation of the rules, we were allowed to race it, went 8.81 at 158.8 for the best run of the week with a fairly lousy 60ft so it is promising considering it is the first outing for the new combo,Jeff got alot of experience driving and thrashing, Dan Strezo won it in Joe Lubrants car, I believe they went 8.7? Congratulations to Joe and crew!
We all had a grat time and are already making plans for next year.

Thanks Bill & John,

It too was our first competition outing with the new combo. We had to soften up the low end power just to get it down the track. Dan had his hands full, but he is one hell of a driver, as all had seen and maintained full control.

Talking about a fairly lousy 60’ how about a spinning 1.475 on an 8.78 @158+mph run that still earned us #1 Qualifier. !! Thinking back, I could have helped him more by running 29.5x11.50 tires instead of the standard 10.5’s??? I can only imagine what that pass could have been with our normal 1.30-1.33 60 ft???

When I thought it couldn’t get any better, Dan lays down an 8.68 pass @ 157+ to set the Official TSO Record!, and then the best honor of all gives me the TSO Class Win.

WOW!!!! That’s all I can say right now, there’s No Words to express how much I appreciate all the Help and Support I received to accomplish my dream.

“DAN STREZO-“DLS ENGINE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS BULLETS”!!!!!!!

Dan, Diane, Jim & Daisy Love Ya !!!! Without “YOU GUYS” none of this would have been possible, I will remember what you have done for me Forever!!!!

Originally posted by d0n_3d
Dan's best run was 8.69 @ 158...they ended up winning TSO...couple guys broke, I think Hartline and Fiscus broke earlier...Jack's car didn't make the final round because of tranny problems I guess...

Dennis's blue Mustang did a nice 300 foot wheel stand on the back bumper Friday night...that was awesome

there's a lot more that happened...I'm sure others will share

overall...I had an awesome time! this was my first year going and I had a lot of fun...:D

Is the bumper ok? :D :eek:

We had a great time and saw just about every pass except those before the turd floaters came Thursday. Saw Bill A. 7.5x pass, the folks in the stands went nuts, it was the fastest pass of the week of all cars including the big V8s :)
One of the GS cars had a major crash yesterday morning, he swerved from the center line to the wall then did almosta 90 degree turn and smashed the opposite wall head on at half track, the speed he hit the wall was probably greater than 50mpg. The driver was ok. I went up and looked at the car afterwards, the steering wheel was bent up pretty bad, the guy said he was clinching it with everything he had at impact.
I got tons of pics and videos. Videos of just about every 8 sec car and faster launching.

As a side note, we went to the Corvette plant and took a tour and saw a couple of new Z06's being built...sweeett :)

Congrats on the win Joe and for setting the official TSO record! Guess there is no need to worry about those Stage2 headed guys after all;)

Speaking of that where was Tony Gomes and Tony O./Pete Barton (ANS) with their TSO cars?? How many cars were in the class?

Also, did anybody run TSE:confused:

Bill, you're just lucky that Greg and Buddy were not able to make the race:p :D

Art had his new super 16 car there, the blue '70 GS with tt S2 v6 power. It went 8.51 @ 163 on the 1st qualifying run for quick 16. This was only the 2nd ever test hit that the new car had made yet; the log file showed full throttle for only 5.5 sec during the run. Unfortunately he didn't get a good run after that. Seems it had problems with IC hoses blowing off (new car blues), and a staging violation got him dq'd from 1st rd eliminations.

Lots of very nice iron out there- was great to see it all!

TurboTR

Originally posted by TURBO 6
Strezo took first in TSO, Otto was the runner-up.
Bamford won TSM, Cramer was the runner-up. That's all I know.

Bamford did win TSM. Rudbeck was runner up. Cramer was knocked out by Rudbeck in 3rd round.

Originally posted by 86brick
Congrats on the win Joe and for setting the official TSO record! Guess there is no need to worry about those Stage2 headed guys after all;)

Speaking of that where was Tony Gomes and Tony O./Pete Barton (ANS) with their TSO cars?? How many cars were in the class?

Also, did anybody run TSE:confused:

Bill, you're just lucky that Greg and Buddy were not able to make the race:p :D

All of the turbo heads up classes had more cars in them this year than I had ever seen since 1996 when I started going.

I think we ended up with 11 cars at tech for TSO with a few guys missing that broke or left prior to tech. Only 6 cars made it to the race on Sat. We had a lot of TSO guys, myself included, chasing gremlins all week and working on new combos and cars. It's tough to have everything working so well so early in the season which make Joe and Dan's efforts even more impressive. They really had thier program together and the car running well so congrats on a well deserved win.

Originally posted by evil_gn

i dont think there were any other cars in the 7's there.

Rods new Regal went 7.98@179 with a blown 455,not bad for the cars first outing,he had the blower turned down so he could try to keep the block together

Originally posted by turbobuick
All of the turbo heads up classes had more cars in them this year than I had ever seen since 1996 when I started going.

I think we ended up with 11 cars at tech for TSO with a few guys missing that broke or left prior to tech. Only 6 cars made it to the race on Sat. We had a lot of TSO guys, myself included, chasing gremlins all week and working on new combos and cars. It's tough to have everything working so well so early in the season which make Joe and Dan's efforts even more impressive. They really had thier program together and the car running well so congrats on a well deserved win.

Cool, that is good to hear that the participation in all of the turbo HU classes was up this year... Maybe you guys in TSO could get together for another race this year at one of the other upcoming Buick events (I hear Reynolds has real nice turbo weather):cool:

Originally posted by 86brick

AMEN, now its time to let any 88 in

Didn't qualify, Would have loved to show TA block and stage II heads potential, but winner goes to the preppared, congrats Dan and Joe.

See you guys next event...