post up your larger wheels!

SilverFox, your car has an awesome stance. Makes me want to paint my black GN silver!

Thanks. That's actually the old stance - here is the new and improved stance (although not nearly as good of pictures as my first post):

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

The original pic I posted in this thread was with the stock springs on the front and cargo springs in the back. It took me about two years to get the ride height where it is now (with no rubbing or other issues). My suspension results to get it where it is now are in my sig.

For those of you wanting to lower your TR - have patience on getting it to where you like it. For some great tips (and to save yourself some aggravation) check out these threads: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...ls/244936-moog-5658-front-spring-results.html and http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...al-west-s-69-rear-spring-install-results.html .

Rob

Side View

Sure...once I get around to getting some. Those are just quick pics I snapped with my iphone just for this thread.

Thanks for posting, would also like to see the side view when you get them:eek: What did they cost you??:biggrin: :biggrin: Thanks.

Due you have any side pictures so all can see the rims how they look on the car

Ok finally got the car cleaned up for some decent shots...

CIMG3728.jpg

CIMG3725.jpg

CIMG3731.jpg

CIMG3730.jpg

CIMG3736.jpg

CIMG3737.jpg

Lorenzo WL13 22x9.5 front 22x11 rear

Will definitely get the frame notched when I get time...ordering a notch kit soon...

Do you have any problems with your wheels rubbing? Can you tell me what your offsets are? Your wheels look tight!

Do you have any problems with your wheels rubbing? Can you tell me what your offsets are? Your wheels look tight!

Thanks! No rubbing at all actually. I'm still going to get the frame notched to play it safe in the rear.

Rears are 18mm and fronts are 12mm. I had to run spacers in the rear to get them off the frame. The fronts needed spacers as well for the center cap to fit without hitting the hub. Billet adapters actually, not just spacers.

pgoffner
Wheels look good.

Thanks..snapped another shot today with my iphone while changing the oil.

The 11 inch wheel looks crazy on the back in person. They drop the jaws of just about everyone that catches a glimpse at them....

IMG_0375-1.jpg

22s are bigger than most people care for, but when done right it looks nice. I'd love to see that car dropped 1" rear and 2" front, It'd look crazy!

22s are bigger than most people care for, but when done right it looks nice. I'd love to see that car dropped 1" rear and 2" front, It'd look crazy!

Thanks. I know most TR owners do not favor the big wheels but I like a little variety. I have 19's on my GTO, 20's on my G8, 22"s on the TR and 26's on my GMC conversioin van. All forged or mulitpiece wheels though, no ****ty hunks of metal:cool:

I admit the car would look much better with some suspension work. Im looking into a coil over setup now...

Just realized all the spelling errors....nevermind them. I was typing while feeding my daughter..lol

man your wheels look sick but they are very expensive. i would like to get those wheels in 20s but web site say they dont have wheels to fit gns.how do i go by finding some 20s to fit my car? and does your 22s slow your car down alot? will they hurt proformance? because i want to look good and still shutdown mustangs fbodys etc.and how much did your wheels run?.and what web site did you get them from? i may have to finance them.i think they quoted me 5 stacks.

man your wheels look sick but they are very expensive. i would like to get those wheels in 20s but web site say they dont have wheels to fit gns.how do i go by finding some 20s to fit my car? and does your 22s slow your car down alot? will they hurt proformance? because i want to look good and still shutdown mustangs fbodys etc.and how much did your wheels run?.and what web site did you get them from? i may have to finance them.i think they quoted me 5 stacks.

Its tough finding wheels for these cars. I used an online offset calculator to estimate what offsets would be close enough to finish the fitment with billet spacers. In this case these Lorenzo's had the perfect offset for the 11 inch wheel to work after being pushed off the frame with spacers.

For example the rear 11" wheel has an offset of 18mm. I believe 25.4mm = an inch so I ended up using an 1-1/4 inch billet spacers pushing them out giving the wheel an offset of approx. 53mm total if my math is even ballpark.

The fronts werent nearly as hard to figure. As a matter of fact the only real reason I pushed those out with billet spacers was so that I could get the center cap to fit over the front hub. Even then, I didnt have to go as thick as I did but having them sit further out made the fronts flow with the rears more. Pushing them out also takes more advantage of the small "fender flare" that these cars come with from the factory IMO.

So basically find a 5x120 wheel and do some math, eventually you'll put something together but the average wheel shop will not do all of this for you. Wheels here in Cali are pretty well priced. I paid $3700 for the whole package from a local wheel shop here in the Bay Area.

Yes they are heavy..compared to stock. Yes they will slow you down but thats what I have stocks for. Besides I dont race much and these are my "street" rims/tires. Hopefully they are heavy enough to keep me from getting any speeding tickets..

Hope this helps:)