possible grounding problem

only"T"intown

I think I may have a grounding problem. I purchaced a 84 ttype with no injector pulse. I replaced the cam sensor and got pulse but now is gone again. Could I have a grounding problem? Is it possible to loose a cam sensor this soon after replacing the old one? Where exactly are all of the grounding points for the wireing harness?

only"T"intown said:
....... Where exactly are all of the grounding points for the wireing harness?

90% of the grounds are located in the front, PS below the AC unit.
I would verify the grounds and the ECM, and check for broken wires.

I would check the harness into the ECM, and I would also check the injector harnesss itsself....You could have a loose witre, dirty contact, so on...good luck!!!

John

racemybuick said:
I would check the harness into the ECM, and I would also check the injector harnesss itsself....You could have a loose witre, dirty contact, so on...good luck!!!

John
Thanks. I have a new injector harness to put on it just in case. Been chasing this problem for about a year now and haven't put my finger on it yet. The grounding points on the front of the ac bracket is OK but I didn't know if there was another location.

Check all of the wires right where they go into the module. I found one that was broken right at the plug, but i couldn't tell until I pulled on it. (car would not fire at that point - took me a while to track that one down) You may have one that is worn or about to break, sometimes giving you contact, and sometimes not. Also, if the bracket is not well grounded you will get weak or no spark.

my friend had a very simular problem...turned out to be the ECM harness with a cracked wire....If I remember correctly, we were going to swap computers in his car, and as we pulled one of the plugs (the larger one), i saw bare wire, sure enough, the wire was literraly broken in half.....also check your fusable link...that is a common one too.....The best way to tell if it is the link, turn your key forwad as if to start, but stop before the car turns over....the check engine light should come on for at least 2 seconds...if it flashes, or does not come on at all, you can go from there!

John