Porting waste gate

69RSCLONE

Getting ready to install a TA-49 and a RJC downpipe with the 1 5/8" puck. How important is opening up the hole? I opened up the stock turbo to the stock puck but I don't know if I have to go real big because of the large puck. I am thinking that if I upgraded to a larger turbo later the exhaust housing might be unusable with other DP's, and make it less desired. Any help appreciated.

I ran a TA 49 years ago at 25 PSI unported...boost stayed rock steady.

Getting ready to install a TA-49 and a RJC downpipe with the 1 5/8" puck. How important is opening up the hole? I opened up the stock turbo to the stock puck but I don't know if I have to go real big because of the large puck. I am thinking that if I upgraded to a larger turbo later the exhaust housing might be unusable with other DP's, and make it less desired. Any help appreciated.

you can increase the flow through the wastegate without opening up the hole diameter ... just lightly contour the housing so that the exhaust flow is channeled to go through the hole.. once you contour this more than likely you wont need to touch the hole at all.

thanks, I'll clean it up a little before I install it and see how it works. Then work from there if needed.

you can increase the flow through the wastegate without opening up the hole diameter ... just lightly contour the housing so that the exhaust flow is channeled to go through the hole.. once you contour this more than likely you wont need to touch the hole at all.

Here is a photo of what Turbo89 is talking about

Attachments

• 1423531336036.jpg
    1423531336036.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 303