ported elbow

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
ok whenever I do get my car after I sell my jeep I plan I doing a few things after the spring cleaning

however since I do not have it in my possession I am asking the dumb questions ahead of time and buying parts now so I have them later

I plan I changing to a postons 3 " down pipe and crossovers and then to a 3" test pipe with a dump and then out a hooker exhaust

however in the for sale area I see a ported stock elbow
would this be worth it for me to get?

where is the elbow in the whole piping deal?

also who sells a 3" test pipe with dump?

thanks ahead of time

Carl

I would suggest a Terry Houston downpipe vs. any others. They eliminate the elbow all together. They come with your choice of a high flow cat or a dump tube. a little more expensive but worth it in my opinion. By the way, where are are you in Jersey?

Before you spend a **** load of money... figure out what your goals are.

Once you do, post them here and all the guru's can help.

The TH downpipe is nice, but overkill if you don't plan on going faster that 12's.

For the $300+, lot's of better places to spend it ie, get an alky kit!

The ported elbow can take you deep into the 12's and even 11's.

HTH

Joel

My opinion:

Save your $ on the crossover and do the THDP. Even if it is overkill for your goals, it looks far better than the stock dp and elbow.

I sure as heck don't need the THDP, but it gives me a chubby every time I open the hood and see that big ass pipe coming out of my turbo.

Don't bother with the crossover unless it's leaking terribly or something. If you replace it, you may end up with leaks and they'll drive you crazy.

Rich

Too N2HIPSI

I am in central jersey
its a very small town next to somerville
its called Raritan
its around the bridgwater area kind of in the middle of the two
I hope that helps

Carl