Ported 8445 Heads

ek02

Heads are port matched to stock gaskets, fully ported valve bowls. Ferrea stainless valves (1.770 intakes). Heat passages have been filled with aluminum. Heads were surfaced before the last time they were run. New, never run valve springs and Kenne Bell retainers and locks. Springs are 104 PSI @ 1.740" installed height, 270 PSI @4.90 lift. Coil bind is 1.190. Guides have been cut with new Viton seals. Rocker stands are clearanced for T&D rockers. These heads were run for a short time on an N/A engine, then I freshened them up, but never ran them again. These heads are perfect for a flat tappet cam with .500 lift. I will only take PayPal. Price shipped in US in 2 boxes, $650.00. I can also deliver anywhere in South Florida. HEADS ARE SOLD.

PC110001.JPG PC110006.JPG PC110002.JPG PC110009.JPG PC110004.JPG PC110010.JPG

Last edited:
The cam and rockers will work. Stock push rods should be OK with stock lifters.

The combustion chambers are 44 CC's. I believe they were cut about .020-.025. The intake surfaces were also cut the correct amount by the machine shop. Champion heads are 46 CC's. Stock heads are 48 cc's. These heads would give you about .4-.5 more compression.

These heads can be upgraded to a set of lightly used Comp 26918-12 beehive springs if you plan to run a roller cam. Total price with Comp beehives, $650.00 shipped. $575.00 shipped with the flat tappet springs.

Runners are still rough other than port match? Got any close up pics of the bowl work, like under the valves?

No trades. I can take photos of bowl work and post tomorrow. Ports have been enlarged to the size of the gaskets and enlarged into the bowls. The aluminum was poured into the heat passages all the way to the exhaust valve bowls.

Why use aluminum in the crossover passages??

It expands at a lower temp then cast iron.

Champion iron heads I have seen have aluminum in the crossovers. The difference in the expansion rate does not seem to cause any problems.

This is from the Champion iron head description: " After cleaning and inspection the heat riser passage is filled with aluminum to enhance exhaust flow."

Last edited: