POOF white smoke

watz

Taking my buick to storage early Saturday morning. Leaving to get on the highway, a little tick noise coming from the engine bay, I looked and I thought the bearings where dry on the alternator, sprayed with liqued wrench and thought it would work out. Then as I get on the highway I look in the rear view and white smoke is barreling out the exhaust. I mean barreling, I pull over shut the car down, check everything oil seems fine but WTH happened? So I start the car to see and it's fine.... WTH??

I start to drive make it about 10 miles, and poof white smoke for a second. then goes away? I pamper it to storage, figuring the turbo seal is probably out. There is a black oil like substance in the exhaust but the motor isn't and wasn't low. My theory is that turbo seal is out that's why it would go away and appear at random times?

Car is bone stock prior to this summer at 137,000 miles has sat for 6 years prior to this summer.

This summer I added a walbro fuel pump set at 42 psi 38 with vaccum line off. New coil springs and shocks, new plugs and wires that was it for this summer.

Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 for oil.

I figured 20 years and 137,000 miles for a stock turbo wasn't bad :D Considering when it was new all you ever heard was that turbo will never last 30,000 miles.

Gas = black smoke
Oil = blue smoke
Water = white smoke

Most likely what you saw is condensation in your cars exhaust system. Water vapor can pool in the cat and mufflers. When it boils out it appears as steam. This should stop when the car fully warms up.

Worst case is you blew a head gasket. Then you could see water in your oil and/or exhaust gasses in your radiator. Have this checked by a pro.

Now if the smoke was blue... turbo, rings, valve seals, yada yada yada.

It really helps if you can smell the smoke. Sometimes oil can look white through a cat. Also, a blown headgasket doesn't always mix fluids.