PLX SM-AFR and new DM-6 Gauge Combo

AZMotorgod

Has anyone tried this combo yet?

I am going to be adding the PLX SM-AFR to my setup to use with my existing 6.1 chip/ PowerLogger setup. The Combo is $200 and the SM-AFR is $150, so for $50 I can get the new DM-6 gauge, which would cost $100 if bought separately.

I would maybe put it on my B-pillar which already has my Boost and Knock gauges. Can this gauge replace one of them or would it not be compatible. I know I can do without it as my Scanmaster can also display the WB AF ratio but it is kind of cool.

Any thoughts?

Its an ok gauge, the 10 updates per second is ok for the digits, but I wish the ring of LEDs updated faster (like the Innovate XD16).

The digits are easy to read. I have mine velcro'd to my dash.

Bob

I'm using that same combo (PLX and gauge) with connection to PowerLogger and it works great. The only thing I had to do "adjust" the PL input so the gauge and PL displayed the same AFR.

dennisL-

Are you just using the DM-6 for the AFR or are you able to switch to show other data like Boost, etc... and if so how are those connections made to the DM-6?

Thanks.

I have the PLX multi gauge in my boosted 2010 ss. I like it. That ring is worthless though. I just watch the number read out. I have the touch screen gauge you can toggle through. I also have the kiwi wifi.

I just use it to monitor AFR. I have a VDO boost gauge and PowerLogger to monitor boost.

Get the 3 gauge pod from GNS for more gauges. I have my AEM wideband which show A/F on the top hole of my GNS pod as well as oil pressure and soon trans temp. On the A piller I have boost, FP and KR guages. Works well and they all are handy even if the Scanmaster is there on top as well and even if the laptop is plugged in logging.