Plug wirers

TTA 1077

New issue, anyone know if the MSD 8.5 wire comes in black for the 3.8L? I have the red ones on now(part# 31869) but would rather have the stock black look. Checked the web site and it only shows the red 8.5mm or the 8.0 blue :confused: If not what other GOOD wires are out there in black?

Wow gotta love Summit! open 24hrs, talked to the guy and he couldn't find a black MSD application either but sugested Taylor 10.4mm in black for the GN(pt# 98024) anybody know if any good? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i thought msd on came red... they are red in all my other cars as well.... yes - taylors are all black.

TTA 1077 said:
New issue, anyone know if the MSD 8.5 wire comes in black for the 3.8L? I have the red ones on now(part# 31869) but would rather have the stock black look. Checked the web site and it only shows the red 8.5mm or the 8.0 blue :confused: If not what other GOOD wires are out there in black?

Wow gotta love Summit! open 24hrs, talked to the guy and he couldn't find a black MSD application either but sugested Taylor 10.4mm in black for the GN(pt# 98024) anybody know if any good? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I've got Taylor Wires in black made for a GN. I think they're the 10mm but I'm not sure but they work awesome.

TTA 1077 said:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193398
To answer your first question.... NO :(

Yes the MSD superconductor wires do come in black. I have a new set in the garage. MSD 31193 Universal set with multi angle spark plug ends. Which means bend them like you want them. You will have to cut wires to length and install coil pack ends. And you got 2 extra if you mess up.

msd wires in black??

Not availiable from MSD in black....yet. On other MSD part #'s if you sub the "9" at the end of part# as in 31869, to a "3" i.e. 31863 will be black. Not so as per Nick @ MSD for that application. If us turbo guys ask enough they will make them. Only problem is do we want grey w/ blk boots or all black? As for the Accel 9000's when I closed the hood on my GN as far as I could but still able to spray a mist of water from a spray bottle by wires they arc to anything even close. I took them off that hour...Not impressed!

RICH 1TTA&1GN said:
Not availiable from MSD in black....yet. On other MSD part #'s if you sub the "9" at the end of part# as in 31869, to a "3" i.e. 31863 will be black. Not so as per Nick @ MSD for that application. If us turbo guys ask enough they will make them. Only problem is do we want grey w/ blk boots or all black? As for the Accel 9000's when I closed the hood on my GN as far as I could but still able to spray a mist of water from a spray bottle by wires they arc to anything even close. I took them off that hour...Not impressed!

"SCOTT" [BRAND] HAS 10mm wires..in black

RICH 1TTA&1GN said:

I think I talked to the same sales rep. Well lets start getting people to call and write MSD! :biggrin: