please need help with my t-type!!!

silver-t

hey guys any help will be apprecited....

i just put a built motor in my t...and the car fires up and then it shuts down..time and time again...it has good fuel pressure , and spark..
i put new crank sensor, cam sensor and just about every sensor and relay is brand new...i've done a search and cant find anything like this...i'm new to turbo regals, but i've built dosens of mustangs ...thank guys...

i just put a built motor in my t...and the car fires up and then it shuts down..time and time again...it has good fuel pressure , and spark..
i put new crank sensor, cam sensor and just about every sensor and relay is brand new...i've done a search and cant find anything like this...i'm new to turbo regals, but i've built dosens of mustangs ...thank guys...

Who's chip is in the ecm? Sounds like possible anti-theft mechanism.

If its an extender chip then you need to read you paperwork. Its explain everything to you.

Is the fuel pressure good all the time? or was it just verified before firing it up?

I ask because it sounds like the fuel pump primes the fuel system on Key-On, lets the car start, but fuel pump fails to continue to run after start-up.

well, the pump primes , and and get pressure but it spikes from 39 to32 and it wont fire up.....the only way i get it to fire up is by hookin up the jumper cable for the fuel pump..it turns on for about two seconds then it shuts off...its weird man...thanks

Monitor the fuel pressure until it quits. If I recall there is a timed cutout for the fuel pump based on oil pressure. Check that the wiring to the oil pressure switch near the oil filter is connected. If it's not the motor will start, run briefly then quick (no fuel pressure).

yea it's connected , but i'm goin to buy a new one tommorro , maybe the oil pressure switch i got has gone bad????..thanks

It will run without the oil pressure switch not connected, but if it is not connected it might short on something if the plug has melted into some gue like some have done.

So are you keeping the jumper on so that the fuel pump continues to run? Just want to take that out of the potential problems.

Before starting what is the FP?
While cranking and after starting what does the pressure read?

Are you using a little "rail gauge" or a tester hooked to the rail?

yea it's connected , but i'm goin to buy a new one tommorro , maybe the oil pressure switch i got has gone bad????..thanks

Before you go buying a new switch check that the fuel pressure drops off before stalling. Throwing parts at a problem can get expensive.

blown---- the pressure reads 39 and it stays that way while craking as long as the jumper is connected...i got a autometer 2" guage hoked up to the rail

free boost----the fuel pressure dosent drop as long as i got it jumped...and yea this **** does get expensive with all these misc. parts and sensors...:)

OK I pulled out the shop manual. The fuel pump relay provides power to the fuel pump while cranking. During cranking the oil pressure builds, closes with oil pressure and maintains power to the fuel pump. It sounds like the jumper is overriding the switch. You have my permission to buy an oil pressure switch. :) Hope it works out for you.

Did you get your chip and injectors yet?

The wrong chip/bad chip will make it not run, I would at least see whats going on after you put in your new injectors and chip.

Maybe the hot-wireed fuel pump by-passes it because with the hot wire mod the fuel pump will run with that plug disconnected.

Does it seem like you might be able to keep the engine running by working the throttle?

Wonder if something is wrong with the injectors/harness. How long does it hold fuep pressure after the pump shuts off with no cranking of the engine. In other words, let car sit for a few minutes, have somebody turn the key on but do not crank the engine - watch the gauge. This should cause the fuel pump to run for about 3 seconds and then stop. Turn key off and continue to watch the gauge.

It should go up to about 40 psi and hold there, and fade down over time. Do not know of a spec here but I would say the pressure should hold within a couple of lbs for a few minutes after the pump stops.

Maybe a leaky injector is letting some fuel in for it to fire a bit.

May want to re-set the cam sensor making sure, by finger in #1 spark plug hole, that you are at TDC on compression before moving the balancer to the ATDC point for can sensor install.

Good grounds on the coil, block, + batt cable not hitting the down pipe or headers?

freeboost----got a new oil pressure swith, seems like it will be the prob..hopefully...thanks bro

scottk----yep theres plenty of spark , my hand is still purple from the last shock i got from the plug wire...

nothin yet----i ordered a red armstrong chip and 60# inj today hopefully i'll get it by the end of the week...

blown& inj----yea , i have to play with the throttle to try to keep it on after it fires... the fuel pressure stays at 40ib for a good 30 min...i was hopin for the same thing , a faulty injector...hopefully not the harness...thank man...

:smile:
freeboost----got a new oil pressure swith, seems like it will be the prob..hopefully...thanks bro

Don't thank me until it works, kus if it doesn't I feel lke a smuck for spending your money. If it does work I take my bows.

if you unplug the oil pressure switch the car will still run. sounds like a bad maf, fuel pump or clogged filter