PLEASE KILL ME: more 83T troubles.

83ttypew03

today sucked. a whole lot.

i registered the Regal. didnt think that that would be a problem.

drove it a few miles then realized i couldnt grab anything higher than 2nd gear. the regal just wont catch it. so yeah. i need a transmission...or at least that cable on the carb because it wont return well.

also while driving around my entire exhausst system from the cat back to the tailpipes dropped off...which resulted in me pulling over and tossing it in the trunk. how nice.

im not going fast with class...yet.

i put the cluster back in today...the temp gauge seems to be a little off, and now the gas gauge reads a good 2" past full. the needle is off the charts...sitting perfictly horizintal...

like that.

i replaced the master cylandar gaskit but still when i apply the brakes the cyl bucks back about a 1/2 inch like its under tremendous pressure and fluid spews from the lid. what the heck.

This car is going to take a ****load of time and money...probably more than any restoration ive seen....this car is a basket case.

<3 Brendan

Originally posted by 83ttypew03
i put the cluster back in today...the temp gauge seems to be a little off, and now the gas gauge reads a good 2" past full. the needle is off the charts...sitting perfictly horizintal...

It will be worth it when it's running right. :D

The fuel gauge sounds like a bad ground. Look for a loose wire between the tank and rear bumper.

I wouldn't screw around with the master cylinder. I think it was only $30 at the parts store.

Try working the trans cable in and out. It might just be sticky. If it stays out, it won't shift (it thinks your at WOT).

Hang in there. :)

thanks ill be sure to check this stuff out, and yeah i know itll be worth it...ill be entering the working world in december, most likely working for a Buick dealer i have a connection with...i wanna take the position as their Buick tech...seeing i love the BIG UGLY IMPORT CAR KILLERS...house that for an acronym.

the cable is indeed having a hardtime...it wont go back in and is sticking out like a bastard...what to i do about fixing that...maybe spray some wd40 down the hose...?