Please help!!! Can anyone identify the turbo I bought for my car?

That thing is F'n huge. There is no way that is a TE44. Question, why would you buy a turbo in the first place if you didn't know exactly what size it is? These cars are all about the COMBINATION of parts working together. You can't just put a huge turbo on the car and expect it to go. You need to match turbo, intercooler, injectors, torque converter, and tune to have a good running car. Unless you want to change all of these parts to match that huge turbo, find out what it is, sell it - then buy a turbo that will jive with the rest of the parts that you already have.

No I did not buy it from ebay and it originally looked similar to the TE 44 on gnttype.org in the photo guides but now that I look at it the impeller is bigger.

I bought it off of a guy who used it on the street before he moved to a bigger turbo when he tubed his car.

I have already ordered a downpipe so all I need now is a stall, a tranny cooler, and some 60lb hr injectors. So that should be enough right? I've already rebuilt the engine and the only things I haven't touched is the converter, headers, and throttle body, I put 36s in but they ran to rich with the stock turbo so I put the 30s back in.

And all I have to do is call up high tech motorsports to tune it because I have talked to the owner already and I know they do good tuning work because they tuned my friends procharged 05 GTO, 95 impala with a 383 stroker, and my friends GN so tuning isn't an issue.

it was actually quite a bit smaller than 3 of his other turbos:rolleyes: so he figured it was his TE44. But when I compared it to my stock one all my friends said it was f-ing huge:eek: .

So I'll just have to put off ordering parts for my stealth for a while longer no big deal. I just wanted to be able to run with my mom's 05 viper but beating her will just be that much better:D ;)

I put 36s in but they ran to rich with the stock turbo so I put the 30s back in.

Not to digress, but 36# injectors are fine with a stock turbo. Actually 60# injectors will work fine with a stock turbo. You need to make sure you have a chip to match the injectors.

Jim

Thats fine I'm looking at these injectors
GBodyParts.com Online

and a turbo tweak chip. Now all I have to do is figure out what stall I'm going to go with because this is going to be mainly street driven since the closes track to me is over 2hrs away.

What are your goals other than beating the Viper?

The TE44 is a pretty sweet street turbo with quick spool. A big turbo with a high stall converter can be a pain on the street.

My car is VERY mild, old school TE44 with 36# injectors and ran 11.9 at 115 with 24# of boost.

It is a blast on the street with instant boost and is my daily driver, 60+ miles per day:)

Take off the compressor and turbine housings, and measure the wheels- that willbe the best way to figure out what turbo you have.

Well I don't drive it on the street very often. Mainly just to cruise or hang out with some friends who have nice cars. I've only driven it about 3000 miles in the last 2 years.

As for the viper it has run a few 11.4 and 11.6 sec passes and she might install a paxton in the near future.

I'll just hold off on the stall for a little bit since I'll be able to use everything I have on a TE44 if this ends up being a little to much.

But I paid less for this PT 70 than I would be spending on a TE44 because the guy said "it wasn't any good to anyone just sitting on a self so now at least someone will get some use out of it."