Plastie dip the whole car

blackdeathtrap

smoking six barrel
Just curious if im the first to go down this path or has this been done either way this week end my 1987 buick gn will be getting sprayed by me completely with plastie dip car will be flat black whit all the trim pieces gloss black pictures comming soon

Last edited:
Interested to see how it turns out. A buddy plasti dipped a fox body last year and it wasn't bad.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My first experience with plastidip is on my front fillers. Interested to see the whole car.

I bead blasted and plastidipped my front fillers and used the glossifier ... barely passable for a daily driver. Needed to do something till I have the funds to replace. Best part, you don't like it, peel it off ... Eff it up, peel it off.

A buddy of mine uses the glossifier on his rims for the winter as a protectant and peels it off in the spring.

Im not gonna gloss the car at all flat black is were im going my build is kinda not for the purist or faith of heart and yes i will have pictures asap

Good, the glossifier won't look good on large areas ... the only way I get away with it is because the fillers are small and contoured

Yeah the old glossifier was terrible the new stuff dip canada has is fantastic but you need to use it in combination with with clear

I actualy dip alot of cars grills rims emblems ect its a lil side thing i got on the go my opinion it is the new tech for auto finishing and the lack of maint needed is amazing dip foam in the pressure washer rinse it off and call er a day if cars faded or scrached load up the gun re shoot and done and theres so many colour options now www.dipcanada.ca check it out everything from flat black to full cameleon

I saw a whole car done, but I can't recall which forum it was on. I would imagine a Google search would come up with something.

Just looked in to this and the outcome looks really good as long as it's not done by rattle can.

I thinknit looks extremely sinister

Attachments

• 1427028966226.jpg
    1427028966226.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 1427028984036.jpg
    1427028984036.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 1427029000761.jpg
    1427029000761.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 1427029020699.jpg
    1427029020699.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 1427029037957.jpg
    1427029037957.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 239
Sorry, I think it looks cheap and brutal :( Not a huge plasti-dip on body fan.... use it change wheels temporarily, use it to hide damage, use it to protect from chips, but as a complete color change I think they look brutal. You just made you beautiful black GN look a matte black spray bomb Cutlass I would have built in high school.

Couldnt care less what you think it cam out of my wallet and i think it looks sinister as hell and my paint job before was terrible and i like spending money on go fast parts so plastie dip was the way to go and also i run a busyness that dips cars so its kinda publicitie

This isn't a criticism, I think I'm missing something. Isn't plastic dip the stuff you dip tool handles in? Is it thick and textured? Why would one plastic dip a car? I would think undercarriages for rust protection would be good but exterior panels? Its definately different, at least in my neck of the woods.