PL on tablet

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
@TurboBob
Understand full version of Windows 10 and usb are required.

What is the min size (10"?) and resolution to run PL? Will a micro usb/std usb adapter work?

PLC is 800 x 600. Any modern device will have more resolution than that. (I should think)

Bob

PLC is 800 x 600. Any modern device will have more resolution than that. (I should think)

Bob

If that's the case, a windows based tablet, such as the item numbers posted above from bestbuy, can have the resolution changed to the compatible 800x600

Yes a usb to microusb adapter should communicate properly

"MicroUSB to Female USB"

d0e18d5e79894667633eb9d40cea2c72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
5a9e12db23a7bdd8a8ca1be08781772a.jpg

I just picked up this bad boy from BestBuy...

Looks sweet .. I recommend if you're looking to buy one, to get item: Acer One 10 10134 Intel Atom 32GB With Keyboard Silver
Model: ONE 10 S1002-145A 2-IN-1
$159.99

The other items listed in the other similar thread only have 2GB of memory... Don't recommend that.

Before you go make this move, I'm going to try it out and let you know. I'm curious about the resolution ... And while Powerlogger works at 800x600 ... It should still adapt to higher resolutions if this tablet doesn't allow it to be lowered.

Last edited:
I'm hooking up the power logger this Saturday, but I'm going to download the software onto the laptop tonight. I'll let you know

Went ahead and got it on the tablet... Here's the video! Of course. I don't know how it'll work hooked up to the actual Powerlogger in the car because I haven't installed it yet. However, loads up perfectly on the tablet without a problem!
Looks great, tablet detaches easily.

af51c4035daedf026fa498f0436bf753.jpg

f27312a3f897051ca25cd15a953f991d.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-on...9401.p?id=1219740708139&skuId=4379401&cmp=RMX

$159.99

Acer One 10 10134 Intel Atom 32GB With Keyboard Silver
Model: ONE 10 S1002-145A 2-IN-1
SKU: 4379401

This is the item I bought... I looked at the specs compared to the other ones that are being sold for $99.99 (lacks detachable keyboard) and $129.99. The cheaper ones lack the processing to be able to multitask and smooth responses (which you want if it's reading data from your Powerlogger).

I'll let you guys know how it works with Powerlogger as soon as I get the 3Bar MAP sensor harness..

That's fantastic! Love the touch screen capabilities! Keep us advised on how the physical interface goes.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Hey guys, so tonight I installed the Power Logger to the ECM. Geez, that goo removal stuff was a pain the ass! I hope I didn't ruin the ECM [emoji24][emoji23]

I didn't have time to change the chip on the Scanmaster, and definitely no time to do the splicing and dicing to hook up the power logger to the Scanmaster.

As I mentioned I said we'd need what is called a Micro USB .. Attached are pics. The tablet (when hooked up to the detachable keyboard) does have a regular USB inlet. Of course, however, we want to use the tablet!

7543a51a4345389dcb8903fa193d26e7.jpg

977030c00793cf2ddddeffc83ce367bd.jpg

Been reading the FAQ's and reviews on this product. It has a horrible rep of the wifi circuitry failing. Yours working well?

Been reading the FAQ's and reviews on this product. It has a horrible rep of the wifi circuitry failing. Yours working well?

Mines working flawlessly. Knock on wood. Connects instantaneously the moment it turns on.

It wouldn't surprise me if the wifi antenna is placed where our hand usually holds it, which screws up reception. This was a problem with the first iPhone 6 phones.

Nice! I do plan on using mine for my own personal needs such as email, reports, resumes and photo editing.

But that works perfectly! Windows platform. I still have to splice the power logger into the scan master so once I do that I'll let you guys know how it runs in real time.

Quad Core processing is great and 2GB of ram is sufficient too. Great find!

How hard was it to get this working with the powerlogger? Exact details please!
Pretty straight forward deal.
The only snag I ran into was the PL version.
Loaded the previous 1.41 version to did not allow PL and tablet to communicate.
Used the version listed by Bob in a previous thread and uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers .

To be transparent. . . .
There us a snag with the PL console display. Not sure what it is yet. Basically, if the unit is held landscape, it works fine. Rotate the unit to portrait, only part of the console shows (as expected). Rotate back to landscape, and the full console no longer displays. The fix: Exit PL, and restart PL.

I will try locking the rotation feature and am sure @TurboBob will comment. Lol

Yeah definitely lock it to landscape. The shift causes the resolution fit to change, and some programs won't respond well to it and may freeze the program; only option would be to close it and re open it.