pl and fuel pressure

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
Seems like my transducer from caspers is reading higher that what actual fp is. I Verified it and my fp is 38-39 line.on.and 42 line off. How can I get the pl.to read correctly instead of doing math lol. Line on.pl/transducer is reading 49.. tia in.advance. I.tried both pressure a and b...

how did you verify it? which do you trust, the transducer, or the gauge.

B

Verified meaning that I knew my fp.was 38-39 because I checked it long time ago w my brothers guage. Just purchased a guage yesterday opened it up and put it on. I would trust the guage being I used 2 different guages.

where are you getting power for the sensor, where is it grounded?

B

So I guess the transducer is bad? I sure hope not. Literally brand.new.. I thought there was a way to adjust in pl. Im going to call.caspers tom then. Theres nothing else I can chexk.or.do correct

yes, you can tweak the scaling in the PL.

do you think its off the same amount everywhere? can you check the pressure with a gauge and the transducer both attached? we just need some data to put in the PLC.ini file.

what input is the transducer connected to?

b

I dont have a t there just one or the other. So one day look.at fp pl idle then.next day took.transducer off and put guage. Know where I can pick the proper t from? I believe in l4 or 5. Pretty sure 4. Well when I gwt into.it the fp raises but doeant seem to be raising 1:1 but its hard to tell. My fp hose is not long enough to get to winsheild to see. Its a brand new walboror pump w inj but that doesnt mean much... thx for input Bob

Jeff

your PLC.ini file is located in the same folder as your PLC software, this is the file where the settings for the sensors is saved.

post it and I will show you how to adjust that sensor reading

sorry took so long. here it is. thx again. now will i need to adjust the sensor across the board or will this initial setting be good?

AutoPort=1
Port=0
GraphSkip=0
FrameRate=20
[Graphs]
Graph1Channel=0
Graph2Channel=1
Graph3Channel=2
Graph4Channel=3
[Data]
MAFRangeIndex=0
Barometer=101.300003051758
VehicleSpeedScale=1
ECMReferenceVoltage=4.94999980926514
AFRChartMax=16
AFRChartMin=10
[AnalogChannels]
Analog1=0
Analog2=0
Analog3=0
Analog4=0
Analog5=0
Analog1Filt=0
Analog2Filt=0
Analog3Filt=0
Analog4Filt=0
Analog5Filt=0
Analog1OffsetVolts=0
Analog2OffsetVolts=0
Analog3OffsetVolts=0
Analog4OffsetVolts=0
Analog5OffsetVolts=0
[DisplayConfig]
AnalogSpark=0
[Custom]
LV8CoolantGauge=0
[ScanmasterConfig]
DisplayWB=0
DisplayMAP=0
DisplayBoost=0
DisplayEGT=0
DisplayAutoBaro=1
[Triggers]
TPS=3
KNR=10
MinRecordingSec=10
TPS_TrigEnabled=0
KNR_TrigEnabled=0
NewDTC_TrigEnabled=0
[QuickSave]
DefaultFilename=C:\Users\JMad\Documents\start up.dat
DefaultComment=Quick Save File
FileSerialNumber=0
AutosaveAfterRecording=0
[ConverterSlip]
RatioLowGear=0
RatioMidGear=0
RatioHighGear=0
[Warnings]
KnockWarningThreshold=0
RPMWarningThreshold=5500

You must be running an older version because you're missing all this stuff below the [warnings] section:

You need the [CustomAnalog] sections to manipulate your gauge readings.

[Startup]
Page=1
AutoConnect=1
[CustomAnalog4]
CustomAnalog4Name=Pressure4
CustomAnalog4LongName=Analog Input 4 Pressure Sensor
CustomAnalog4Tag=PR4
CustomAnalog4GaugeMin=0
CustomAnalog4GaugeMax=150
CustomAnalog4GraphMin=0
CustomAnalog4GraphMax=150
CustomAnalog4MinValue=0
CustomAnalog4MaxValue=150
CustomAnalog4MinVolt=0.25
CustomAnalog4MaxVolt=4.75
[CustomAnalog5]
CustomAnalog5Name=Pressure5
CustomAnalog5LongName=Analog Input 5 Pressure Sensor
CustomAnalog5Tag=PR5
CustomAnalog5GaugeMin=0
CustomAnalog5GaugeMax=150
CustomAnalog5GraphMin=0
CustomAnalog5GraphMax=150
CustomAnalog5MinValue=0
CustomAnalog5MaxValue=150
CustomAnalog5MinVolt=0.25
CustomAnalog5MaxVolt=4.75

Wanted to revive this thread!!

Want to get a Casper's pressure reducer to log fuel pressure through the P.L. Is it as simple as a ground, 12v, and signal wire to the PL analog block??
Also what adaptors would be needed to bolt it to the end of the fuel rail and keep my fuel gauge that's on the end of the rail??

Thanks!!

In the FWIW dept: I've checked several transducers on my inj bench, with a stabilized volt source. Out of the 5 I tested, [all w/ the same gauge], 3 varied, [consistently], as much as 5 psi. We sent them back to Autometer.
2 matched the bench gauge.
If buying one, be sure to look at the voltage they run on. Some are 5V.

In the FWIW dept: I've checked several transducers on my inj bench, with a stabilized volt source. Out of the 5 I tested, [all w/ the same gauge], 3 varied, [consistently], as much as 5 psi. We sent them back to Autometer.
2 matched the bench gauge.
If buying one, be sure to look at the voltage they run on. Some are 5V.
After looking a few up on the net the ones I found were 5v as well.....I guess once you establish a base line with one you could just look for variation from there...I had this same issue with the K Bell hood mounted gauge and the one on the end of the fuel rail.....
Chuck have you tried a brand that you liked??

After looking a few up on the net the ones I found were 5v as well.....I guess once you establish a base line with one you could just look for variation from there...I had this same issue with the K Bell hood mounted gauge and the one on the end of the fuel rail.....
Chuck have you tried a brand that you liked??

I ended up w/ an accurate Autometer. I use it to data log on the EFILIVE tuning program, on the 55/LS.