Pittsburgh, PA F/S 1987 Grand National 104k miles, G80 rear

matt94z

Im leaving for the USAF in less than a month. After much consideration, I have decided that it will cost me more to store this car for several years than it is worth. I cant offer this GN the attention that it needs.

I have always wanted a GN as long back as I can remember. I was able to talk my buddy into selling me this car about 6 months ago. Since then I have spent about $3500 on making it look and run better. I have been daily driving it for the last 5k miles. Yes, I said daily driving it.... I know everyone thinks Im the biggest ******* in the world when they see me cruising up the highway in 4" of snow, but what are ya gonna do. Its a car and it was meant to be driven!

My buddy bought this car from a guy in Ohio about 5 years ago, the car had been sitting half on a concrete pad and half on grass. He drove it home and as soon as he pulled it into his garage, one of the brake lines blew out and the he ended up bumping into his quad, which cracked the header panel and dented the DS fender. I have since replaced those parts with repainted GM parts. After that, he parked it in his garage and never touched it again. After almost a year of me bugging him to sell it to me, he finally gave in.

The day I bought it, we turned the key and it fired right up! After sitting for almost 5 years with the same battery! I knew at that point this car wanted to be driven!

I have since replaced the following parts to make it reliable:

-Front rotors, calipers, pads, hoses, all metal brake lines, rear shoes, springs, wheel cylinders, axle seals...etc

-New Serp belt, spark plugs, wires, all vac lines, 20k miles throttle body with sensors, PCV valve, grommet...etc.

-changed the rear end fluid and trans pan gasket & filter. When i did the trans filter, I noticed that the inside was spotless and the fluid was bright pink. At some point within the last 6k miles or so, this trans was rebuilt.

-valve cover gaskets, I noticed that the heads were very clean inside and it appears the engine has been rebuilt at some point along the way.

-4 new tires

Perfrmance mods:

-Eibach springs
-Bilstein Shocks
-30lb redtop injectors
-adjustable wastegate actuator
-4 ply silicone couplers with stainless T-bolt clamps
-3" intake / chrome MAF pipe
-3" downpipe back straight pipe exhaust
-Scanmaster
-VDO boost gauge
-Turbo Tweak chip
-Pioneer 4900 series CD player, Pioneer 6.5" speakers, Alpine 3.5" Type S dash speakers, Boston Acoustics 6x9's.

The interior is very clean, I would rate it a 8-9 out of 10!

The body needs some love. The doors are rusty, however, I will include 2 mint doors that were just repainted. I might even put them on it I have time. The passenger side quarter needs some small patches. The drivers side quarter and rocker panel need replaced. I have the rocker panel also. As for the quarter, I have a GN shell that is solid and could either be cut up for the quarter or even media blasted, painted then just swap everything over.

This is not a project car, it is a good running daily driver that needs body work. Its not a 20k mile GN that has been sitting in a shed for the last 22 years. Its not a rats nest! At this point it just simply needs body work.

I am going to try to get some good pics of it tomorrow.

Price is $6k

Matt 412-302-1966

Heres a pic before I brought it home

gsrteg001.jpg

Heres the shell (originally from Florida)

shell001.jpg

i am very interested and also in pittsburgh... where in pittsburgh are you? i am in the north hills.

Rick

Yea, as stated, I'll get some pics up ASAP.

I would also like to note that the bumper fillers are NOT cracked like most of the others Ive seen in this condition.

Here's some pics... of course its too cold to wash it today. The car does clean up pretty well, and from about the mid-door line up, the body and paint is very nice.

GNpix001.jpg

GNpix002.jpg

GNpix003.jpg

GNpix004.jpg

GNpix005.jpg

GNpix006.jpg

GNpix007.jpg

GNpix008.jpg

GNpix009.jpg

GNpix010.jpg

Heres a rundown of the body again.....

The passenger side rocker is solid, but quarter needs small patches.

I will include 2 solid doors, that were just repainted to match the car.

I have the old drivers side fender with the GN badge still on it.

I have one side of the front airdam, the other side had a crack in it.

The drivers side rocker is gone and halfway cut off the car, I will include an entire DS rocker panel with the car.

The drivers side quarter needs some love. Shell included.

Don't do it!!!!

You will regret it....believe me... I know... Took me almost 6 yrs to get another one,4 years to restore it the way i wanted it....

Im sure I will... but I have had probably close to 50 cars or so.... Ive had a little bit of everything. I always wanted a GN, so I got one. It just doesnt make sense to pay $75-100 a month to store it for the next few years. Im hoping to get stationed in Japan or Germany, so I wont be needing a car for a while.

sicko

you didnt deserve that car anyways.......snowtires:mad::mad::mad::mad: HATER hope you get north pole for 4 yrs. BOOSTGODS WILL PUNISH

hahhahahah atleast I drove mine! Yours probably has cobwebs in the tailpipes.

Here's the next GN Im building. Viking inspired, so I can sail over to Norway.

gnviking-1.jpg

After sitting for almost 5 years with the same battery!

I find it hard to believe that a battery could hold a charge for 5 years. 5 mos. and mine is nearly dead.