Pinks All Out at Bakersfield Sept 11-12

Looking forward to it.

I'll give you a call once I'm at the track to touch base before going to the ticket counter.

i might be able to get some shirts done in time...i have a friend that does them...
if u guys r interesetd ill see what i can do
i just need to know how many people on the pit crew...
color of shirt and what you guys would like to see on the shirts...

if u guys r interested let me know
my cell is 661-two-4-seven 9674
the names edgar....

you could txt me (since im going to b in school)
or call any time after 5

supposed to be WARM!

101 weather channel says.
I'll have water, tea, sodas, fans & shade.
dress accordingly. ( and Donnie has to wear a fire suit :eek:)

Looking forward to meeting and seeing all of you, (and putting a face to the computer name)
I'll make sure Mean Chicken (Tim) behave's, can't take him anywhere, when he first appeared on the Buick scene, he had YEHAAAAAA pipes on his GN, come on, Duke and the General Lee out grew that stuff long ago,
Now he is our premier rice exterminator, well done Tim! :biggrin:

see ya all there.

101 weather channel says.
I'll have water, tea, sodas, fans & shade.
dress accordingly. ( and Donnie has to wear a fire suit :eek:)

Looking forward to meeting and seeing all of you, (and putting a face to the computer name)
I'll make sure Mean Chicken (Tim) behave's, can't take him anywhere, when he first appeared on the Buick scene, he had YEHAAAAAA pipes on his GN, come on, Duke and the General Lee out grew that stuff long ago,
Now he is our premier rice exterminator, well done Tim! :biggrin:

see ya all there.

:D:D:D
I'll behave until I hit my cafeinated drink threshold...then all bets are off...;)
If you see me opening a third can of Monster....spread out....

We'll Help Out Any Way Necessary

I'm heading up Saturday morning also

Not as early as Tim :biggrin:, but we'll try to get to the track around 10:00 - 11:00 am

Cell Phone is (714) 926-6676

Give me a call (before we get there) if you need some extra supplies picked up and brought to the track

Regards,

Ray

I'll bring a bottle of Armor All and a sponge....nothing worse than dull tires going down the drag strip on TV...
pffffft....
;)
:biggrin:

Haven't heard anything yet either.

I was hoping to get a rise out of them with my Amour All on the slicks post...

Ok

just got in from the track, HOT
way to many people, close to 350 cars,
a few accidents, nothing major, we didn't see them as we were inthe pits,
donnie got 2 runs, 1st the nos soliniod stuck closed, (to much pressure from the heat, would'nt let solinoid open)
second run was sweet! 9.56 @ 154.8 haulin a$$!!!!!!!
1/8 mile was his fastest also, but don't remember it.
tickets are avail at the gate, no problem, were in the pits, near finish line,
3rd vehicle in from return road, LOOK for truck that says FREE, were in that row!
hot but livable, we have cold drinks, and shade, see ya tomorrow!
I'll check this board tomorrow early, (6:30am)

I'm about to hit the sack....getting up at 3AM.

Do we need pit crew ticket to get into the pit and be on the pit crew, or do the general admission tickets do the trick?

just got in,

headed for bed,
donnie went out with Oil leak,
did run another 9.62@152 was oiling the slicks threw the lights!
Thanks for your help Tim, sorry I didn't see ya when I left,
Big thanks to Donnie and Cheryl,
was a blast, (hot but fun) you can count on me anytime to assist.
good to see Ray Nordy, Harold, thanks for the support!
good night!

First, thanks to Lee. A true blue trooper. It was great to see the others there too. I think everyone got there in time to see the last run of the day for us.
An oil leak developed and cut the day short for us. The leak seems to be coming from the back of the block, and only leaks under high boost.
That run was a 9.6x at 152.x. Sliding around a bit for the last half of the pass. It was discovered that the oil was getting to the tires.

On that last pass on Saturday, they were pairing us with cars that were in our same class. My class was G. That's cars that run 9.50 to 9.99. It made the qualification runs a little interesting.
The other car had about a 2 to 3 car lead by the 330 mark. When the car came on boost, we reeled him in and went flying past him at the finish for the win. Cheryl was in the stands with the video camera, and you can hear on the video some pretty astonished individuals.

First, thanks to Lee. A true blue trooper. It was great to see the others there too. I think everyone got there in time to see the last run of the day for us.
An oil leak developed and cut the day short for us. The leak seems to be coming from the back of the block, and only leaks under high boost.
That run was a 9.6x at 152.x. Sliding around a bit for the last half of the pass. It was discovered that the oil was getting to the tires.

Running a vacuum pump? If so, which way did you install the rear main seal on the last rebuild?

Running a vacuum pump? If so, which way did you install the rear main seal on the last rebuild?

I'm running an older design 4 vane Moroso with an open breather. The seal was installed like normal. Lip facing forward. It never gave me a problem before. Is there something I should know?